About the opportunity
Learning Services is charged with creating impactful, scalable learning experiences to help content authors, content architects, and software developers get the most out of the Contentful platform. We don’t do average. We’re out to reset the industry standard for helping customers and partners to quickly create value while building on best practices that lead to long term success.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate technical trainer to provide amazing learning experiences for our customers and partners.
What to expect?
- Because you are exceptionally clever and have lots of relevant experience, you will quickly become a Contentful expert (if you’re not one already).
- You will deliver onsite and webinar-based training to Contentful customers and partners on Contentful architecture and features, content modeling best practices, using Contentful APIs and SDKs, CI/CD strategies, extending the Contentful environment with webhooks and UI extensions, and other topics.
- You will design and facilitate hands-on activities, discussions, sample projects, and other interactive activities that help learners move from concepts to practice.
- You will answer questions and provide guidance on Contentful best practices for specific use cases.
- You will inspire customers and partners to become enthusiastic fans of Contentful by communicating a compelling vision of Contentful’s features, value proposition, and the strategic role that content infrastructure plays in facilitating digital transformation.
- You will not only motivate customers and partners to look for new opportunities to use Contentful, you will also equip them to successfully pitch the platform inside their own organizations or to their clients.
- You will serve as a Contentful subject matter expert and technical resource for the Learning Services team, helping the team design new learning experiences, document best practices, and create helpful tools, job-aids, code samples, and other resources for Contentful users.
- You will establish a relationship of trust with Contentful’s product management and development teams that will enable you to communicate customer needs, use cases, challenges, and feedback in a way that drives improvement of the Contentful product.
What you need to be successful?
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information technology, business information systems or a related field.
- You have 5+ years experience working in a technical role such as software developer. sales engineer or professional services.
- You have 2+ years of experience in a technical customer facing role.
- You have experience with content management systems (e.g. Adobe AEM, Sitecore, Drupal) and developing content models.
- You have exposure to DevOps tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, and TravisCI; static site generators such as Gatsby, Middleman, Jekyll, and Metalsmith; and front-end frameworks/libraries such as React, Angular, and Vue.
- You have both presentation and facilitation skills. You can present material in an engaging way, read a room, and think on your feet. But you also have the ability to guide learners through a discovery process without being the “sage on the stage.”
- You have excellent educational instincts and have created instructor-led courses and other learning materials.
- You have experience delivering in both face-to-face and virtual instruction/webinar format.
- You are available to travel up to 60%.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous time-off policy that rivals the best companies in tech
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.