About the opportunity
Joining our growing People team as our company scales rapidly, you will work both collaboratively and independently to make a real impact in setting up our People processes. Your passion for People means that you will have the opportunity to take ownership of People projects that will shape our business going forward. What’s more, you get to work with bright people who want to solve interesting problems. We are a hard-working, international, agile and feedback-oriented bunch, that enjoys interacting with one another in a cozy, respectful and welcoming environment.
In your role as our Head of Partner Partner Product & Tech, you will be a strategic partner to growing Product and Engineering departments on all HR related topics. You are fully dedicated to internal clients, their needs, and their duties. If you describe yourself as a team player who wants to make an impact shaping the business with fresh, new ideas, we really want to hear from you!
What to expect?
- Be the major point of contact for the employees and managers in the business unit
- Help to develop and implement better people management practices
- Drive organizational change within the defined business unit, supporting the implementation of this change and acting as a change agent / champion
- Provide comprehensive, accurate and fair information to all managers and employees on all People-related matters
- Measure and report on the performance of the business unit through the development and use of People metrics to drive transparency and accountability for People performance
- Support managers and employees with performance management. Provide advice and guidance on objective settings, promotions and career development
- Drive the implementation of global HR programs with the business unit such as employee engagement surveys and results and global L&D programs, with guidance from HR Director EMEA and VP People
- Build a valuable relationship between the People department and co-employees
- Facilitate requests and solutions to/from the business unit
- Provoke positive changes in the people management area, acting as the performance improvement driver
- Challenge the organizational structure of the internal client and propose changes
- Support managers in all labor law related topics
- Work closely with the rest of the People department to contribute and shape team projects
What you need to be successful?
- 8+ years of experience working as an HR Business Partner.
- Team player who can work independently and facilitate change
- You have excellent communication skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a wide range of skills including negotiation, project management and change management
- You are someone with a strong business acumen
- Time management and juggling priorities is second nature to you
- You're analytical and great at problem-solving
- Ideally possess in depth German labor law knowledge or European labor law knowledge.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Home office will be possible during certain periods
- Traveling and working between and from our Berlin and SF will be possible depending on project involvement
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang & Olufsen, N26 and Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.