About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a Director of Content Marketing to help take our content driven demand generation efforts to the next level. You will lead a diverse and talented team of writers, editors, interactive producers and designers to define, develop and deploy a world-class, multi-channel, and multi-format content strategy to drive adoption and pipeline.
This is a global role that requires the ability to understand and cater to the differentiated needs of various key markets and audiences. You understand the funnel, know how to meet a digitally connected audience where they are, and have developed innovative content ideas to maximize content marketing performance and conversion across all paid, owned and earned channels.
You will be embedded in our Demand Generation organization, working closely alongside our Campaigns, Website and Partner Marketing teams, while partnering with Product Marketing, Customer Marketing, Field Marketing and Developer Relations to conceptualize, research and deliver content assets that truly move the needle for Contentful in a highly competitive marketplace.
What to expect?
As a content marketing professional with exceptional writing and editing chops, people management skills, and a proven ability to work cross-functionally, your role will include but not be limited to:
- Refining and executing our content marketing strategy to engage key business and developer personas with highly relevant content for each point in the customer journey, from top-funnel acquisition to nurture and ongoing customer education.
- Running and scaling our team of writers, editors, interactive media producers and designers.
- Recruiting and managing outside agencies and freelancers to extend capacity and capability, and leveraging our user community to drive and scale the production of compelling content to be used across a variety of channels and audiences.
- Working with the global and regional Campaigns teams to ensure content development aligns with funnel-building objectives for each target segment, and builds on opportunities in key markets.
- Working with our Customer Marketing and Product Marketing teams to secure relevant customer references, and product and market subject matter expertise, to amplify and enrich content marketing assets.
- Measuring the impact of our content assets, and refining our resource allocation and processes accordingly.
- Working with the Senior Director of Brand and Communications to ensure Contentful’s brand and voice are projected consistently and effectively in content across the entire customer journey.
What you need to be successful?
- BA or equivalent degree, preferably in communications, journalism or related area of expertise.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in marketing communications, content marketing, or product marketing at a B2B technology company, with at least 2 years managing people. SaaS and developer platform experience are pluses.
- Skilled at strategic thinking and planning. We are looking for someone who is always looking around the corner for Contentful while focused on maximizing adoption and pipeline building today.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; solid project management experience.
- Deep understanding of and capabilities in content marketing strategy, with a track record of driving measurable results in demand generation and pipeline creation.
- Working knowledge of design and editorial principles for both traditional and digital-first content. While white papers, reports and how-to articles are a staple, you know how to leverage web, mobile, and streaming formats for the greatest demand gen impacts.
- A true team player. Contentful is a team-oriented company that requires effective collaboration to drive company-wide results. You are someone who not only likes working as a team, but enjoys leading one, too.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time-off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Relocation budget to aid your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.