About the opportunity
Contentful is growing faster than ever, and we are looking for a motivated Business Systems Engineer who will join our team and play a key role in a business systems team in charge of our business platform.
NetSuite is the pillar of our Financial Systems Platform and as a Business Systems Engineer you will be working with developers and internal stakeholders on developing new and improving existing processes that are audit-ready and compliant, while still maintaining a flexible platform.
What to expect?
- Support of the daily application requirements of the Finance teams
- Architect, document, develop, configure, test, implement and maintain NetSuite and all related integrations
- Configuration and administration of Financial Systems processes including user administration, development of user access roles and permissions, security, and workflow automations
- Integration of Financial Systems through API development
- Development of operational data flows between Financial systems
- Improvement of the data quality in the Financial Systems eco-system with regard to the end-to-end processes in the entire company
- Technical contact for teammates as well as for our specialist departments
- Training of teams and key users on all process changes within Financial Systems, including process documentation
- Development and preparation of reports in cooperation with the specialist departments
What you need to be successful?
- You have at least 5+ years working experience as a NetSuite Engineer, Developer, or Consultant
- Expert understanding of NetSuite model and functionality
- Experience with Billing, Financial Planning, Expense, Banking, and other systems in the Financial Systems environment, including Zuora, Adaptive, Rydoo, and others
- You have ability to give optimal solutions to the business requirements on the basis of best practices and using standard features of NetSuite
- Hands on experience with SuiteScript 1.0 and 2.0/2.1 (Suite Script, Scheduled Scripts, Client Scripts, Portlet Scripts, csv imports, Workflow and Suitelet), SuiteTalk, SuiteBundler etc.
- Experience developing user access management profiles based on least privileged user and compliance related separation of duties
- Excellent knowledge of Financial standards such as US GAAP, Quote to Cash, and Procure to Pay
- Experience in Agile Development Principles
- Excellent knowledge of ERP security models
- Experience working in a SaaS company
- Strong reporting background using standard reporting tools
- You have experience in end-user training
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit and enjoyment of project work as well as the flexibility required for this
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous time-off policy that rivals the best companies in tech
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.