About the opportunity
As a Data Analyst you will help us deliver on our mandate of gathering good data and making it actionable. You will work with our product teams and others to help understand how we are helping customers achieve their goals and you have an important role making sure clear and reliable information is shared across Contentful.
What to expect?
- You will join our diverse, hybrid, team of data analysts and engineers.
- You will work with product teams to understand the objectives of features and how they relate to Contentful goals. You will help identify the tracking, goals and analysis that are needed to support this.
- You will understand the value of reliable information and the importance of a shared source of truth. You will extend and model and update our data model to ensure we support Contentful’s needs.
- You may work with teams across Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Finance to support their projects and enable data driven decision-making.
- You perform self-driven quantitative analysis, distil recommendations, and contribute to decision-making.
- You will clearly tell the story of your insights for technical and business stakeholders.
- You contribute to supporting and improving our data tooling and infrastructure.
- You actively participate in improving our agile feedback loops and help nurture a healthy team environment.
- You evangelize the value of data and insights at Contentful.
What you need to be successful?
- You must have at least 3 to 5 years of experience working as a dedicated data analyst. Experience with SaaS companies and key SaaS metrics and with Product Analytics is an advantage.
- You can work well with stakeholders including Product Managers and business leaders.
- You must be fluent in SQL (we’re currently using Redshift and Presto dialects).
- You are familiar with using programmatic data tools such as R and Python for descriptive analytics.
- You have an understanding of data modelling patterns and practical experience of applying this to business data. Experience of using DBT to build a data model is an advantage.
- You have used modern BI tools (we’re currently using Redash and Looker).
- You are comfortable in agile, cross-functional teams.
- You have experience with source control using git.
- You speak fluent English and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness.Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang & Olufsen, N26 and Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.