About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a Senior Associate to join the Business Operations and Strategy (BOS) team to help scale our business.
As a thought partner to senior management, you will work closely with teams across the organization to understand business performance, set strategy, and drive business growth.
What to expect
As a member of the BOS team, you will become a trusted advisor to Contentful’s executives and functional leaders, and work on high-impact, top priority issues facing the business.
Projects and responsibilities may include:
- Identifying growth, efficiency, and strategic opportunities for the business: conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis to understand business performance, evaluating investments or strategic decisions, identifying and prioritizing actions to take, and communicating insights to senior executives
- Driving successful execution: on specific one-off initiatives, or on process or systems improvements that support our growth trajectory
- Acting as the connective tissue of the company: facilitating cross-functional collaboration, driving and contributing to both specific high-priority projects and regular operating rhythms and business reviews
What you need to be successful
BOS team members are strong business generalists with outstanding analytical and communication skills and knowledge of/strong interest in the content platform space. We are looking for candidates with 3+ years of general management experience in areas such as management consulting, investment banking/private equity, BizOps or SalesOps, analytics/strategy, or corporate/business development roles. Data analytics, data science, business intelligence, and program management experience is also valuable.
Expected functional skills:
- Defines, structures, and frames complex problems and decisions in a simple, actionable way
- Performs accurate analysis on complex data and derives new and actionable business insights based on this
- Has experience building complex business models and analyses; ideally proficient in SQL (or is willing and able to learn)
- Communicates in a structured, clear way
- Successfully leads large cross-functional teams with a range of seniority levels (up to C-level)
- Experienced in driving from business analysis and insights to action: structuring and solving problems, seeking information needed to solve these, conducting analyses, recommending actions, getting buy-in and alignment from leaders and teams, and working with other teams to deliver results
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $110,000 - $120,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.