About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a Program Manager to join the Business Management and Strategy (BMS) team and help us scale our business.
We are looking for candidates with an established track record of successful Program Management experience (ideally in a fast-moving tech environment), who can drive complex, cross-functional strategic and operational projects to completion.
What to expect?
As an experienced Program Manager who is passionate about business operations, you will work with our leadership team and the Director of BMS to drive execution on key cross-functional strategic and operational programs, as well as core company-wide business rhythms.
- Manage high-impact, cross-functional business projects and programs identified as top-priority by BMS and the leadership team. Work with the relevant stakeholders to turn business goals and deliverables into detailed, measurable, and well-aligned project plans; define appropriate metrics to measure progress; track and communicate progress; surface risks and dependencies and ensure these are managed appropriately; and drive teams to action, ensuring we make consistent progress and deliver on our end-goals
- Drive planning and successful outcomes of core company-wide business rhythms, e.g. monthly and quarterly reviews, executive offsites, strategy sessions; guide and lead team members, including executives, to deliver on agreed actions coming out of these meetings
- Support communication and information sharing from the CEO and leadership team to relevant stakeholders across the company, e.g. annual kickoff, company-wide meetings
What you need to be successful?
- 6+ years of relevant Program or Project Management experience, ideally spanning both fast-paced startup environments and larger, more established organizations
- Project Management qualifications (e.g. PMP, advanced Project Management certifications) and experience with operational excellence and process improvement methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean) are helpful, but not required
You are passionate about driving business impact by corralling large teams to deliver on ambitious goals - and are excited to apply your skills in a fast-growing, dynamic environment. You are:
- An outstanding operator and program manager, with demonstrated, quantifiable success in delivering high-impact, complex projects to completion. You can take a business goal or problem statement and turn this into a project plan, requirements, goals and metrics; identify resource requirements and work with the appropriate teams to ensure these are met; and drive relevant stakeholders (including senior leaders) to successfully deliver results, on-time. You are expert at anticipating and quickly surfacing risks and roadblocks, identifying solutions, aligning relevant stakeholders, then leading the group to action and resolution.
- Incredibly organized, with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities concurrently, driving yourself and others to deliver on tight timelines. You are able to tailor processes and approaches to drive the greatest impact with minimal perceived pain.
- An exceptional listener and verbal communicator: you very quickly absorb and process the most important information from a discussion, take detailed notes, and easily play back the synthesis and implications. You allow others to speak and still manage to keep meetings focused on goals.
- An extremely effective written communicator: you have a track record of creating clear and concisely-written materials (slide presentations, documents, emails) as part of managing and tracking projects, that made a measurable difference to stakeholders’ understanding of overall progress and actions needed from them
- Driven and team-oriented: you have a demonstrated ability to effectively lead large, cross-functional teams, often including very senior stakeholders, to deliver on shared goals. You have an innate drive to achieve results, and facilitate the consensus and buy-in needed to get there. You are an expert at flexing your communication and working styles to successfully collaborate with a wide range of personalities and backgrounds.
- Obsessed with driving observable impact: you are great at ensuring project plans will lead to visible, measurable change - and define the appropriate metrics in order to do this. You create visibility into performance against these metrics, track and report on status, identify business implications, and use this to develop shared understanding and drive action.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $110,000 - $114,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 450 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.