About the opportunity
The Growth team is a recently established cross-functional team with the mission of driving Contentful’s self-service business through product-led growth. They have full responsibility for the strategy and performance of a significant part of Contenful’s business and is determined to make self-service an even bigger part of the Contentful success story.
In this, data plays a key role in everything they do - be it understanding our current funnel and customer journeys, how they differ depending on user channels, personas, campaigns, behaviours, but also discovering and sizing opportunities, or enabling and running experiments to test our growth hypothesis. The role of Senior Marketing Analyst within the Growth team, actually sits in a subset we call Growth Marketing. It will be a central function supporting one of the biggest impact areas in the business.
As a Senior Marketing Analyst - Growth you will deliver actionable insight across the end-to-end user journey, analysis on our product growth experiments, as well as, building and managing a data model for user journeys from landing on our site, through the product, to upgrade and retention. The immediate work sits around paid ads and website CRO, but will progress quickly into analysis of our customer lifecycle strategy and then building an Enterprise PQL model. You will enable a data driven approach to experimentation and ensure that the Growth Marketing team and Marketing colleagues have confidence in the results as we drive growth through rapid iteration of experiments. You will work with colleagues across Marketing and Product teams and have strong experience of marketing and product analytics. You will be at home defining the tracking plan for marketing and product measurement and ensuring that we can deliver strong multi-variate testing and attribution.
What to expect?
- You will track and own the end-to-end user journey, understanding how users get to our website and how they convert into our product - but it doesn't end there
- Your analysis will continue into our product to understand user behaviours from each marketing channel and track how much revenue each drives
- You will track ROAS, ROI, channel conversion rates, activation rates, churn rates and revenue, so we can get a fully transparent picture of what enterprise value our marketing activities are driving
- You will also track user behaviours, user actions, customer firmographics and certain feature usage to highlight when a customer has a higher propensity to buy an Enterprise deal
- You will be the core analyst for the growth marketing team working closely on user Acquisition, user Lifecycle work and progress into building a PQL model for Enterprise
- Reporting to the Director of Growth Marketing, your analysis will be directly driving decision making on strategy and where to deploy capital for maximum ROI
- You will democratize all your findings by building a data model for Looker, so the wider team and company can access and view everything on-demand
- You will help build, track and analyse many AB tests with the aim of increasing revenue
- The AB tests will come in many forms, from advertising tests, website CRO, email tests aiming to boost customer upgrades
- You will join our diverse team of growth focused engineers, marketers and product managers
- You will work with the team to understand the objectives of features and how they relate to growth. You will help identify the tracking, goals, analytical testing and attribution analysis that are needed to support this
- You will understand the value of reliable information and rapid decision making. You will make clear choices to ensure the right level of testing and validation is applied to decision making and analysis
- You may contribute to the wider Contentful Data Model and will be a member of the Data Analysis Chapter
- You will clearly tell the story of your insights for technical and non-technical business stakeholders
- You contribute to supporting and improving our data tooling and infrastructure
- You actively participate in improving our agile feedback loops and help nurture a healthy team environment
- You evangelize the value of data and insights at Contentful
What you need to be successful?
- You must have at least 5 years of experience working as a dedicated data analyst across product and/or marketing. Experience with marketing B2B SaaS companies is essential.
- You understand the commercial / financial side of a SaaS company in addition to behavioral website/product/user data and use this knowledge to recommend fit for purpose solutions
- You have extensive experience of A/B testing, analytical funnels and cohort analysis
- You can work well with stakeholders including marketing leaders and product managers
- You must be fluent in SQL (we’re currently using Redshift and Presto dialects) and have experience defining and testing tracking plans.
- You are familiar with using programmatic data tools such as R and Python for descriptive analytics.
- You have an understanding of data modeling patterns and practical experience of applying this to business data. Experience of using DBT to build a data model is an advantage.
- You have used modern BI tools (we’re currently using Redash and Looker).
- You are comfortable in agile, cross-functional teams.
- You have experience with source control using git.
- You speak fluent English and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.