About the opportunity
Contentful’s Customer Support Engineers are at the forefront of our efforts to assist customers who are building amazing websites, apps, and other digital experiences using cutting-edge technologies.
Working directly with developers from our customers, our Customer Support Engineers help some of them with massive scaling and others with getting started on new integrations. Through ticket-based assistance, they identify and research Contentful-related issues that users experience, and then troubleshoot and help resolve those issues. By providing this assistance, and escalating issues when necessary to our Engineering team, our Customer Support Engineers give our customers confidence that their needs are represented and addressed. Many large customers rely on Contentful to power their public websites, mobile apps, and other mission-critical parts of their business; our Customer Support Engineers play a vital role in enabling their success in doing so.
What to expect?
- A spirited group from around the globe, we keep things light-hearted while also solving difficult customer situations and creating new internal processes
- Intellectual curiosity and interpersonal relationship skills are core to what we do; we seek to understand the “why” and not just the “what”
- We practice empathy and the art of anticipating customer needs
What you need to be successful?
- A track record of getting things done in an environment that combines collaboration and individual responsibility
- Experience working with APIs and API-based SaaS integrations
- A good understanding of how web applications and mobile apps are built and work
- Confidence with common UNIX-like command-line tools
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly explain concepts and produce example code that complements the explanation
- Ability to read server logs and process them to aggregate/analyze data
- An understanding of Agile processes or experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Customer-centered, high level of empathy, and cross-team collaboration mindset
- Results and outcome-oriented; team focused
- Minimum 3 years previous experience with/or direct contribution on improving Support specific processes and tools like; a ticketing system, in-app chat, shift handover, on-call coverage, service level agreements, escalation process, and incident response
- Experience with working with global teams, open to cultural and thought diversity
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $75,000-$80,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]