About the opportunity
We are looking for an Accountant to join our growing Finance team. The Accountant will be involved in a number of activities including assisting the closing of the monthly accounts including posting journal entries and reconciliations; working alongside AP on invoice coding and credit cards; working with the broader team on quarterly and annual audits and being involved in a number of projects to drive improvements in our overall processes. This position would suit someone earlier in their career who has a desire to learn and add value in a fast paced environment.
What to expect?
- Play an essential role in the month-end and quarter-end close processes, including preparing journal entries and supporting reconciliations
- Engage and contribute to team meetings inside and outside of the Finance Department
- Work with the Accounts Payable team to ensure accurate coding of invoices and expenses
- Post entries relevant to multiple international accounting standards including both US and German GAAP
- Assist with external audit requests, including preparation & review of supporting schedules
- Aid in the optimization of existing platforms, including NetSuite and other new and existing platforms
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain relevant transaction information, research reconciling items, and resolve issues
- Work with various internal and external customers including tax authorities, banks, investors, employees and others to deliver on time and accurate information
- Ad hoc projects as needed to support rapid growth of the company
What you need to be successful?
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management (or equivalent) required
- English and German language skills preferred
- Professional attitude and communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, flexible team player that is also able to operate independently
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A curious and inquisitive mindset with a willingness to learn
- Experience with Netsuite or other cloud ERP systems a plus
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.