About the opportunity
As a Contentful Partner Manager you will play an important role in growing our partnerships with key agencies, systems integrators (SI), and consultancies. You will be responsible for developing a territory, building and executing upon a development strategy, prospecting new target partners as well as managing inbound deal flow. This position requires an entrepreneurial mind that is able to spearhead solutions, be proactive, and work cross-departmentally. Serving as a key part of our sales function, our partnerships team will play a critical role in driving customer value while extending the reach of the company.
What to expect?
- Actively recruit new strategic partners and engage inbound agencies/consultancies as needed
- Develop senior level (C-suite, VP) relationships across the strategic Agency and SI landscape, introducing senior internal team members when appropriate
- Develop partners across Sales, Marketing, and Delivery to help new partners establish themselves in Contentful’s partner ecosystem
- Partner internally with the Sales, Enablement, or Marketing team to develop the partners and grow revenue through partners
- Consistently deliver new opportunities and pipeline from your strategic partners to our sales organization and help partners accelerate their lifecycle and maturity with Contentful
What you need to be successful?
- 3 years + Direct sales experience in a technical SaaS environment or in management consulting at a top tier firm
- 5 years + Partnership or business development experience in the SaaS market
- Experience in the digital agency and/or systems integrator ecosystem and the accompanying services in the space
- Experience prospecting, recruiting, presenting, qualifying and managing either clients or partners for a SaaS company
- A track record of continuous opportunity development and successful quota achievement
- Experience developing content and campaigns to open doors in creative ways
- Experience educating organizations on how to use your technology and the value of your technology
- Experience working cross functionally with sales, marketing, success, and product (and these organizations would say that you’re good to work with)
- Experience navigating complex deal cycles with multiple parties
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding revenue quotas
- You’re humble but your colleagues would say that you’re a game-changer and an “A player”
- You’re a passionate individual with a knack for solving problems and building/delivering solutions, and you’re OK with failure
- You have a heart for customers/partners, are a generally curious person, and you love to listen and learn
- You want to be a part of something bigger and you love building and you want to bring your skills to teach us and help us raise the bar, but are coachable as well
- You are not going into partnerships to get out of “sales,” and you know that sales are critical to successful partnerships
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart. You’re flexible and can thrive in environments that don’t have defined processes and you’re excited to help build
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $135,000 - $145,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]