About the opportunity
Contentful is growing faster than ever, and we are looking for a motivated Senior Manager of Business Systems to lead our Financial Platforms technical team. The Senior Manager is responsible for the design, development, and management of Contentful's financial enterprise systems.
What to expect?
- Establish Business Platform best practices, policies, tools and processes that supports the needs of a fast growing, agile company
- Manage the data definitions in the Business Systems eco-system with regard to the end-to-end processes in the entire company
- Develop a technology plan for Financial Systems including ERP, Procure to Pay, Financial Planning, Expense, and Billing systems.
- Work with leadership across the organization to identify business and technology needs and to optimize the use of Business Platforms
- Oversee change management process for SaaS based business systems
- Create a standard of excellence in Business Platform services and technology by establishing, achieving, and improving departmental key performance indicators
- Leverage understanding of interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs to drive innovation, system selection, and create efficiencies
- Use data to identify trends, drive decisions, and create a continuous improvement cycle
- Training of teams and key users on all process changes within Business Systems, including process documentation
- Provide direction, guidance, and training for staff including their professional and technical development. Help them develop their careers and match them with work suited to their skill levels and goals.
What you need to be successful?
- You have at least 7 years working experience in Business Systems Management
- Proven experience scaling teams in a growing business
- Experience managing globally dispersed teams
- Broad experience with end to end systems workflows in the Quote to Cash process from SalesForce to ERP systems and ideally of working with API Integration services.
- Experience implementing best practices for user access management profiles based on least privileged user and compliance related separation of duties
- Excellent knowledge of Financial standards such as US GAAP, Quote to Cash, and Procure to Pay
- Experience developing processes and policies for regulatory compliance such as ISO, SOC II, SOX, PCI, or HIPAA
- Experience building collaboration and rapport within an organization with both technical and non-technical members
- Experience working in a SaaS company using Agile methodologies
- ITIL certification is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees' health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $160,000-$170,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.