About the Opportunity:
As a Named Account Executive, you’ll drive Contentful’s growth by leading the end-to-end sales process with our top tier clients. You’ll be instrumental in driving adoption and engagement, finding new revenue opportunities and creating customer enablement initiatives within a few named accounts. You’ll work closely with our partnership and customer success team in leading a consultative sales process by speaking the language of both professional developers and business leaders.
What to expect?
- Position, negotiate, and spearhead expansion opportunities with existing clients ($50k-$500K ACV) in the North American territory.
- Grow existing accounts by leveraging relationships and following our comprehensive “land and expand” sales model
- Meet quarterly and annual sales goals by developing an account strategy and pipeline, managing internal and client processes, maintaining sales reports, developing market and competitor knowledge, delivering presentations to customers, and creating sales proposals
- Manage RFI/RFQ requests with Contentful internal and customer teams.
- Refine and evolve our "land-and-expand" model in collaboration with Sales, Partnerships, and Customer Success teams
- Seek to understand the digital experience challenges of prospects and clients while aligning the ROI of Contentful with those challenges to ensure a value based selling approach
- Work closely with Sales Engineers and Solution Architects to uncover technical challenges and opportunities
- Develop innovative proposals, position complex pricing structures and negotiate contracts and deal-closing requirements quickly and efficiently
- Work closely with customer success & marketing teams to ensure that best practices of Contentful are shared and implemented at the respective customers
What you need to be successful:
- 4+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience - a minimum of 3 years in a closing role
- 3+ years of experience successfully selling complex technical software
- History running complex, multi-departmental sales initiatives within large organizations
- Experience with a "land-and-expand" sales model with a net new account focus.
- Ability to understand the Contentful API and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Must have experience working with a named account territory within a specific region or industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- College degree (BA/BS)
- Experience with Fortune 500 companies across several industries.
- Majority of experience in a “prime” role (not an overlay organization).
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!