About the opportunity
As a Contentful Partner Manager you will play an important role in growing our partnerships with key agencies, systems integrators (SI), and consultancies. You will be responsible for developing a territory, building and executing upon a development strategy, prospecting new target partners as well as managing inbound deal flow. This position requires an entrepreneurial mind that is able to spearhead solutions, be proactive, and work cross-departmentally. Serving as a key part of our sales function, our partnerships team will play a critical role in driving customer value while extending the reach of the company.
What to expect?
- Actively recruit new strategic partners and engage inbound agencies/consultancies as needed
- Develop senior level (C-suite, VP) relationships across the strategic Agency and SI landscape, introducing senior internal team members when appropriate
- Develop partners across Sales, Marketing, and Delivery to help new partners establish themselves in Contentful’s partner ecosystem
- Partner internally with the Sales, Enablement, or Marketing team to develop the partners and grow revenue through partners
- Consistently deliver new opportunities and pipeline from your strategic partners to our sales organization and help partners accelerate their lifecycle and maturity with Contentful
What you need to be successful?
- 3 years + Direct sales experience in a technical SaaS environment or in management consulting at a top tier firm
- 5 years + Partnership or business development experience in the SaaS market
- Experience in the digital agency and/or systems integrator ecosystem and the accompanying services in the space
- Experience prospecting, recruiting, presenting, qualifying and managing either clients or partners for a SaaS company
- A track record of continuous opportunity development and successful quota achievement
- Experience developing content and campaigns to open doors in creative ways
- Experience educating organizations on how to use your technology and the value of your technology
- Experience working cross functionally with sales, marketing, success, and product (and these organizations would say that you’re good to work with)
- Experience navigating complex deal cycles with multiple parties
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding revenue quotas
- You’re humble but your colleagues would say that you’re a game-changer and an “A player”
- You’re a passionate individual with a knack for solving problems and building/delivering solutions, and you’re OK with failure
- You have a heart for customers/partners, are a generally curious person, and you love to listen and learn
- You want to be a part of something bigger and you love building and you want to bring your skills to teach us and help us raise the bar, but are coachable as well
- You are not going into partnerships to get out of “sales,” and you know that sales are critical to successful partnerships
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart. You’re flexible and can thrive in environments that don’t have defined processes and you’re excited to help build
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.