About the opportunity
Our Solution Strategists are close partners of our sales team and own key components of the sales process focused on defining the overall content platform strategy for our DACH customers. Solution Strategists may travel up to 25% of the time and will have the opportunity to work with teams around the world, from visionary brands to innovative digital agencies.
What to expect?
- As a subject matter expert in support of our sales engineering team, you will help customers understand what’s possible with Contentful, how it fits into a customer’s existing architecture, and define for the customer their future roadmap with Contentful
- Compose and deliver the overall Content Management Platform growth strategy with customers by providing micro-services architecture guidance, CMS implementation best practices, and operational governance recommendations
- Lead workshops with customers around content management strategies including content design, content scaling, and content reuse
- Communicate prospect and customer needs and product feedback to product management, marketing, and sales
- Advise internal teams on industry trends, and publish thought leadership materials based on trends and best practices
- Collaborate with the Professional Services organization to ensure that newly-signed customers successfully implement and launch their projects with Contentful
What you need to be successful?
- 10+ years experience as a Sales/Solution Engineer/Architect for a cloud-based, growth-oriented SaaS company OR 8+ years acting as a Content Strategist utilizing leading content platform solutions
- Proven experience with omnichannel digital delivery concepts (iOS, Android, AR/VR, smartwatches, digital kiosks, etc.)
- Hands-on experience deploying cloud solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency conveying technical and business knowledge to a mixed audience of experienced business and technical stakeholders
- Experience shaping the practice of Solution Engineering at previous company
- Experience initiating cross-departmental company initiatives, gathering other experts around you to accomplish shared goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English as well as German at a native level
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.