About the opportunity
As a Developer Advocate at Contentful your main responsibility is to grow, build and support our developer community. You will create example projects, learn and teach modern web technologies while inspiring, empowering and connecting with developers around the world.
What to expect?
- Building a sense of community and belonging by supporting and getting to know developer using Contentful wherever they are
- Freedom and flexibility to choose technical topics and projects to work on. You know best how to serve a developer community.
- Creating content on various channels (the Contentful Blog, GitHub, YouTube, Twitch, etc.) that teaches technical concepts to equip developers with knowledge of tools and techniques that makes them better at their craft.
- Working together with a team of Evangelists spanning Europe and North America
What you need to be successful?
- You have the experience, patience and empathy to teach developers about best-practices and new technologies, whether in-person, by writing tutorials or by recording a video.
- You are an active member of a developer community.
- You are passionate about technology and can't get enough of trying out new things to share them with others.
- You have experience giving technical talks within an organization, at meetups, or at events.
- You have excellent written and verbal English communication skills and have experience with writing technical documentation or tutorials for a developer audience.
- You are self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision, and are capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
- You embrace asynchronous online collaboration and ensure both your peers and your audience are successful.
- Once the Covid-19 situation resolves: you're happy to travel regularly, are able to work irregular hours and some weekends to support user groups, conferences, and other developer events.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $110,000-$120,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]