About the opportunity
Contentful is an innovative, high-growth, customer-focused company in a large and growing market. If you are energized by shaping a new role, adept at thinking strategically, have a combination of leadership skills, business savvy, IT systems knowledge, are comfortable rolling up your sleeves to implement, and able to work collaboratively, we would love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the development of the legal department at Contentful as we ramp to support Contentful’s rapidly expanding business. You will be key in creating processes and practices to improve the day-to-day productivity and effectiveness of the Contentful Legal team in a dynamic and complex environment. This is a generalist role that involves managing and supporting projects across the full range of subject matter supported by the legal team. You must be able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs and be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans. Candidates should work well in a fast-paced, challenging environment as part of a dynamic team of professionals and have the ability to communicate effectively in group settings and before senior management.
What to expect?
- Lead and manage key Legal Department initiatives and projects, including contract management, workflow automation, knowledge management and other areas
- Develop and maintain an internal Legal intranet page and content
- Ensure technology tools are properly configured and operated to support internal processes including measurement, reporting, and analysis
- Collaborate with stakeholders to improve processes, including workflow and toolset improvement
- Assist with the development of Legal Dashboards for metric reporting
- Analyze performance and results and provide insight to drive increased productivity, efficiency, quality, optimization, and the improvement of both client experience and business processes
- Share learned knowledge. Create a culture of growth, development, collaboration and accountability.
- Assist the department with in-house career development initiatives such as cross-training opportunities, speakers and continuing legal education, and new technology tools
- Keep current on the latest legal operations industry trends and developments and identify opportunities to implement best practices
What you need to be successful?
- Strong work ethic, exceptional judgment and uncompromising integrity
- 5+ years of experience or combination in legal operations, legal support, business operations, or technology.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic credentials
- Continuous improvement mindset and willingness to ask, “how can we do things better?”
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build strong and deep working relationships with internal stakeholders over multiple geographical locations and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand complex issues and ability to interact with colleagues and present information in a clear and concise manner
- A practical, proactive, collaborative, and business-focused approach to problem-solving with the ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment
- The ability to think and execute both strategically and tactically
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for employing business skills in providing legal services, such as automation, strategic sourcing, embracing technology, design thinking, project management, and process improvement skill sets
- Demonstrated commitment and alignment with our Contentful values
- A sense of humor!
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 450 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.