About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a Reference Program Manager to join our global Marketing Department. In this role, you will develop and help manage Contentful’s worldwide customer reference program, working cross-functionally between sales, customer success, product, and marketing teams to identify, develop, and engage reference customers.
Reporting to the Customer Marketing Team Manager, you will be part of a team responsible for managing and growing a compelling and persuasive customer reference program that provides timely references, nurtures a vibrant peer review community, and delivers impactful case studies in support of sales, analyst relations, field events, press releases and other marketing activities. This position is remote friendly (must be U.S. based).
What to expect?
- Create, grow, and manage a healthy community of reference customers in a way that respects our customer’s time and effort while maximizing the positive impact of their engagement to them, their organization, and Contentful.
- Help manage Contentful’s global customer reference program, working cross-functionally between sales, customer success, product, and marketing teams to identify, develop, and engage reference customers.
- By working closely with our GTM Enablement team, identify, develop, and engage reference customers that will support our go-to-market strategy
- Support the Customer Marketing Managers by sourcing customers to help create content of various types (written case studies, customer testimonial videos, presentation slides, etc.) based on our customer’s experiences and successes.
- Activate (ensuring utilization of) reference customer relationships, related content, and interactions to positively impact: sales and marketing activity, product development, the customer advocates’s career, and their organization.
- Stimulate, nurture, and curate review activity on peer review sites and communities like G2 and Gartner Peer Insights.
- Interface with sales, marketing, and product management teams to understand their needs and advise them on how/when to best use references.
- Support and provide input into sales, marketing, and product management deliverables including but not limited to: peer to peer networking, event speaking opportunities, and 1: many reference calls.
- Manage reference requests and tracking reference activity and outcomes in our exiting tracking tool
- Identify and track potential customer success stories from the reference program and other sources.
- Help define customer reference metrics/goals/benchmarks and track/report progress against them.
- Report outcome metrics for strategic customer engagement, and foster and promote long-term, mutually beneficial customer relationships.
What you need to be successful?
- 3+ years of experience working with customers (references), influencers, and/or peer communities in B2B enterprise software and services
- Specific experience working with peer review sites and communities like G2 and Gartner Peer Insights is a plus
- Experience building a reference program with Crowdvocate (or other similar tool) is a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; ability to multitask and effectively prioritize and manage your time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Acute attention to detail; demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external clients
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership
- Passion for building a world class program and desire to own and refine key operational processes
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 450 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.