About the opportunity
Contentful is growing and we are looking for an experienced Data Governance professional to partner with our data and information teams and business leaders with a focus on improving data quality, appropriate use, ownership and understanding. Reporting into our Director of Data and as part of the Information Services function, you will work with us to deliver a strong data governance culture that helps power our growth.
What to expect?
- You will help establish a culture of data ownership and high quality data at source by establishing a community of Data Stewards and establishing clear roles and accountabilities in our data lineage
- You define strategic priorities for development data governance capabilities aligned in collaboration with data strategy as well as information-based capabilities incl. decision making processes
- Roll out a data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality, common understanding, appropriate use and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
- Work with data and application engineers to establish practical implementations of these standards in our business systems, data integration and analytical and reporting environments
- Lead and provide technical guidance of Data Owner and Data Steward members in the daily use of data systems
- Helping to optimize the data security systems in accordance with the company's data protection policy, applicable legal requirements and security policies
What you need to be successful?
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Management or an equivalent qualification
- Deep knowledge of data governance, data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions
- Excellent communication skills and confidence with the ability to explain processes or choices as needed to stakeholders
- Experience implementing and managing data governance processes and policies.
- Authoring and maintaining intuitive, usable data dictionaries.
- Growth mindset, positive attitude and strong interest to solve challenges, adapt to a changing work environment and deal with new issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.