About the opportunity
Contentful is growing and we are looking for a strategic minded data professional to partner with our data and information teams and business leaders. Reporting into our Director of Data and as part of the Information Services function, you will work with our Business Strategy team and build relationships with business leaders across functional areas, drive towards a programme of using data to create information and actions and shape a roadmap aligned to Contentful’s Big Rocks.
What to expect?
- You will encourage a data literate, information driven mindset across Contentful where data is not simply consumed but is consistently understood and used to drive insights and actions.
- You will understand how teams across Contentful can drive our growth and use this to translate their objectives into data and information needs.
- By being the voice of business teams within Data you will ensure their needs are understood and used to deliver data products and information that meet or exceed their expectations.
- You will ensure that key Contentful wide KPIs are clearly defined, understood and communicated and clearly available at the right-levels for business users and teams across Contentful.
- You will work with our Director of Data and own day to day management of the Data Advisory Board including recommending our roadmap priorities.
- You will work with analysts, engineers, managers and other data professionals to plan and deliver on the roadmap.
What you need to be successful?
- The ability to define and find alignment on a roadmap and plan a programme of delivery with delivery teams, their managers and business stakeholders.
- A strategic mindset combined and the ability to understand and articulate business challenges and priorities.
- A clear understanding of modern data landscapes and ability to understand and articulate technical needs.
- Experience of working with business stakeholders of all levels of seniority.
- Experience of data product management or business consulting, preferably in a B2B SaaS environment.
- Strong passion for the topics such as – Advanced Data Analytics, Data Management, Data Governance, Data Architecture, Data Quality Management and Machine Learning.
- Knowledge of how to gain value from tools, frameworks & technologies such as:
- Business Intelligence (Tableau, Looker)
- Analysis and Machine Learning (R, Python)
- Data Lakes and Data Warehousing (Redshift, Snowflake)
- Cloud Platforms (Azure, Google Cloud, AWS)
- Growth mindset, positive attitude and strong interest to solve challenges, adapt to a changing work environment and deal with new issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company.
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation days, trust-based work hours and the option to work from the home office/remotely.
- Use your personal education budget plus education days to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties.
- Share and navigate the excitement of your new role with your CFF (Contentful First Friend).
- Relocation assistance for candidates moving to Germany and Immigration support when requiring a visa to be employed directly with Contentful.
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-Remote #LI-BR1