About the opportunity
As a Named Account Executive, you’ll drive Contentful’s growth by leading the end-to-end sales process with our top tier clients. You’ll be instrumental in driving adoption and engagement, finding new revenue opportunities and creating customer enablement initiatives within a few named accounts. You’ll work closely with our partnership and customer success team in leading a consultative sales process by speaking the language of both professional developers and business leaders in the Rest of the World Territory which spans across Europe, the Middle East, Northern Africa and some of APAC.
What to expect?
- Position, negotiate, and spearhead expansion opportunities with existing clients ($50k-$500K ACV) in the Rest of the World territory
- Grow existing accounts by leveraging relationships and following our comprehensive “land and expand” sales model
- Meet quarterly and annual sales goals by developing an account strategy and pipeline, managing internal and client processes, maintaining sales reports, developing market and competitor knowledge, delivering presentations to customers, and creating sales proposals
- Manage RFI/RFQ requests with Contentful internal and customer teams.
- Refine and evolve our "land-and-expand" model in collaboration with Sales, Partnerships, and Customer Success teams
- Seek to understand the digital experience challenges of prospects and clients while aligning the ROI of Contentful with those challenges to ensure a value based selling approach
- Work closely with Sales Engineers and Solution Architects to uncover technical challenges and opportunities
- Develop innovative proposals, position complex pricing structures and negotiate contracts and deal-closing requirements quickly and efficiently
- Work closely with customer success & marketing teams to ensure that best practices of Contentful are shared and implemented at the respective customers
What you need to be successful?
- 4+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience - a minimum of 3 years in a closing role
- 3+ years of experience successfully selling complex technical software
- History running complex, multi-departmental sales initiatives within large organizations
- Experience with a "land-and-expand" sales model with a net new account focus.
- Ability to understand the Contentful API and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Must have experience working with a named account territory within a specific region or industry.
- Professional fluency in English
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- College degree (BA/BS)
- Experience with Fortune 500 companies across several industries.
- Majority of experience in a “prime” role (not an overlay organization).
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.