About the opportunity
As the Sales Analyst, you are an expert in Sales planning, Salesforce reporting, and as-needed Sales Operations resources. You will be a center of excellence for reporting and modeling. You will assist with our annual sales planning process and you will work closely with Sales and Partnerships to ensure that we meet our quarterly goals.
What to expect?
- Create and analyze key insights from key business drivers, trends, and operating metrics. Translate data into insights and action.
- Produce ad hoc analyses to aid the team in understanding customer and team behavior.
- Work to develop data infrastructure (data pipelines, forecasts, reports, etc.) and other tools (Salesforce, etc.) to make analytics easier and more effective.
- Assist with creation of reports & dashboards within Salesforce.com.
- Maintain Salesforce Report sets and Dashboards.
- Be responsible for Sales-owned Salesforce Data Quality.
- Be an Excel master!
- Work directly with key sales leaders on critical strategic, organizational, and operational projects designed to increase revenue, sales productivity, and operational efficiency.
- Develop a process to maintain high-quality Sales Enablement documentation, and create a library by leveraging current Salesforce.com functionality, and the Contentful Wiki.
- Review of Sales Enablement documentation for all processes created/supported by the Sales Operations team. This includes, but not limited to: Pipeline Management, Revenue Forecasting, Publisher Development pipeline management, Partnership & Integrations tracking, etc.
- Assist with day-to-day activities supported by Sales Operations.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Finance, Customer Success, and Product.
- Be a thought leader and go-to expert on data resources and tools.
- Be a Salesforce master! (At least a certified Salesforce Admin).
What you need to be successful?
- 2-3 years of professional experience with a core focus in SAAS sales strategy, planning and operations.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills with a data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Understanding of core business processes in a B2B technology environment; sales, marketing, product development, customer support and success, professional services.
- Experience identifying, evaluating and analyzing business opportunities while working cross-functionally to drive decisions.
- Experience with business modeling; operational, financial and statistical analysis.
- Experience with data analysis/manipulation tools (SQL, Excel) and working knowledge of common BI/analytics tools (Salesforce Reporting).
- Develop, instrument, and maintain sales Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and support the rhythm of the business through weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Evaluate business performance, diagnose root causes, and prescribe action informed by data-driven insights.
- Drive special projects and provide analytical support to senior Sales leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, economics, or other quantitative disciplines.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees' health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $70,000-$75,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 450 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.