About the Opportunity
The Senior Manager, Sales Strategy & Planning will help define and drive Contentful’s Sales strategy and planning. In this role, you will support sales capacity planning and resource allocation, performance analysis, and improvement across sales regions and segments. As part of Contentful’s Sales & Partner Operations team, you will lead the Sales Analytics team to partner closely with our regional sales leaders and GTM operations teams. This role requires a candidate who exhibits all of the key capabilities of Sales Operations: Efficiency, Collaboration, Persistence, Resilience, and Purpose. The candidate must be a strong leader, self-directed, well-organized, detail-oriented, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What to expect?
- Partner with sales leadership and Contentful’s Finance group to develop the annual sales and bookings plan
- Work with Sales Operations colleagues to translate the company sales plan to deployed region, territory, segment, and individual territory quotas
- Own core planning assumptions and actions on sales productivity and performance improvement to meet sales objectives
- Structure and perform regular sales capacity planning analysis to inform ongoing sales hiring decisions and resource allocation to maximize growth potential
- Drive visible strategic projects partnering with leaders within Contentful; sales performance analysis and improvement, customer funnel conversion analysis, geographies or segments
- Demonstrate the ability to create a narrative and supporting analysis to influence decisions and outcomes, not just report on analytics
- Develop, instrument, and maintain sales Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and support the rhythm of the business through weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Evaluate business performance, diagnose root causes, and prescribe action informed by data-driven insights
- Drive special projects and provide analytical support to senior Sales leaders
What you need to be successful?
- 2-3 years direct people management experience
- 5-7 years of professional experience with a core focus in SAAS sales strategy, planning and operations
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills with a data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Experience in Sales Ops in a B2B SaaS environment, having driven or contributed to standard Sales operating rhythms such as developing forecasts and outlook for the business, territory planning, quota-setting
- Experience identifying, evaluating and analyzing business opportunities while working cross-functionally to drive decisions
- Experience with business modeling; operational, financial and statistical analysis
- Advanced data analysis/manipulation tools (SQL, Excel) and working knowledge of common BI/analytics tools (Salesforce Reporting, Looker, InsightSquared, Etc.)
- Bachelor degree in business, statistics, economics or other quantitative disciplines
- MBA or similar advanced degree preferred
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $180,000-$190,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.