About the Opportunity
This is a key position within FP&A as we strive to become a world-class finance organization and be a value-creating, customer-focused partner in driving business results. Reporting to the Sr. Director of FP&A, this role will serve as a business and strategic advisor to the G&A leadership teams to ensure the financial, strategic, and operational objectives for the business are met. This role will make an impact on the trajectory of the G&A organization (People, Legal, Finance, IT) and provides for the opportunity to dive deep into resourcing aspects critical to the organization’s success and aid strategic decision making.
What to expect?
- Pivotal role in leading the financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and decision support for the G&A organization
- Drive alignment of planning and investment with the company’s overall strategic priorities
- Develop, deliver and maintain insightful reporting for internal stakeholders to enable optimal financial management of their area of the business
- Be responsible for consolidated planning activities (including benefit and tax projections), as well as owning Financial Systems
- Leverage data, financial analysis and business understanding to research and recommend business growth opportunities and efficiencies
- Initiate, drive and implement improvements of processes that enable the team to scale
- Identify key operating metrics for each function, and develop executive dashboards to track these metrics and surface findings with strategic recommendations
- Collaborate in headcount planning and reporting for the global People, Legal and Finance organizations
- Lead and develop a high performing team in an organization that is experiencing hyper growth and rapid change
What you need to be successful
- 5+ years of experience in an FP&A role ideally supporting G&A functions
- 2+ years managing people
- Experience in SaaS environment
- Experience at a hyper-growth company
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and GSuite
- Experience with financial planning systems required with a preference for Adaptive experience
- Analytical Skills: Ability to work independently, think objectively, and interpret meaningful and insightful narratives from both quantitative as well as qualitative data
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate as well as distill data into actionable information to drive results
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Ability to apply rigorous logic and sound methods to solve multi-faceted problems with effective solutions
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners, inclusive of senior members of management
- Excellent business partnering skills with a holistic view of business strategy, processes and financial objectives
- Proven ability to work well in cross functional teams and develop strong working relationships across all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and ambiguous environment
- Intellectually curious with a drive towards continuous improvement through process enhancement and change
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous time-off policy that rivals the best companies in tech
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed locations around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.