About the opportunity
As the Senior Growth Marketing Manager - Acquisition in the Growth team, you will build, manage and own the paid advertising growth loop, beginning with the acquisition of our prospective Team tier customers.
The paid ad growth loop will be as follows:
- New user signs up and activates
- New user generates revenue
- Revenue less acquisition cost reinvested into paid acquisition
- New user signs up and activates
How you get this loop spinning and growing will be solely up to you. You will test and learn to understand the best multi-channel mix that provides the highest possible ROAS. The more customers you acquire through paid ads, the more revenue you generate, the more can be reinvested into those ads.
What to expect?
- Build, manage and own the paid ad growth loop for our Team tier
- Formulate the strategy to hit, execute and optimise around activations and revenue growth
- Your paid activity will focus initially on acquiring developers from prospective Team customers, but evolve to target all Contentful personas
- Work with our data analysts to optimise ad delivery, landing page conversion and user experience driving user acquisitions and activations as efficiently as possible
- Unapologetically analytical, continually testing, iterating and learning to find the best multi-channel paid mix
- You’ll run frequent AB tests on landing page conversion, user journeys and much more
- You’re comfortable thinking outside the box, like creating custom conversions on the website triggering ad platforms to optimise toward other leading indicators for success
- You’ll own the Growth Marketing paid budget and its deployment
- Set your KPIs for execution, particularly around signups, activations, activation rate, cost-per-acquisition and cost-per-activation. Plan to outperform them
- Work with our external agency partner to optimize delivery of your campaigns through multiple paid channels
- Work alongside Developer Marketing, Campaign Marketing, Marketing Ops, Web and Product Growth teams
What you need to be successful?
You are intellectually curious, with a creative growth mindset and a pro at paid. You think outside the box and don’t rely only on best practice. You try new things, look at the whole user lifecycle and try to leverage our other digital properties to better convert prospects.
You don’t settle for vanity metrics like signups, or leads. You prefer optimising your paid strategy around rich metrics like user activation - a leading indicator to revenue. You always stay on top of your budget and influenced/contributed annual revenue.
You constantly search for new tactics to unlock growth opportunities within paid, you follow the most creative growth leaders and quickly try their teachings in your strategy and you’re open to learning through failure.
- Minimum 5 years experience in marketing analytics or digital paid ads, ideally for technology, fintech or SaaS products. Open to either B2C or B2B
- Proven track record of high impact experiments and revenue growth
- Appetite to learn, always looking for new tactics, channels and strategies to implement in your work
- Excellent writing / communication skills; copywriting will be useful here
- Working familiarity with marketing analytics and product analytics tools (GA, Marketo, Looker)
- Ability to prioritize and drive multiple simultaneous deliverables to execution with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, cross functional environment
- Intellectual curiosity coupled with a highly analytical approach in assessing what is working and where to drive improved performance.
- Innovative, motivated, organized, high energy team player with attention to detail and sense of humor
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.