About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a Go-To-Market (GTM) FP&A Manager to join its GTM FP&A Team. This is a key position within FP&A as we strive to become a world-class finance organization and be a value-creating, customer-focused partner in driving business results. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of GTM FP&A, this individual contributor role will serve as a business and strategic partner to the GTM leadership teams to ensure the financial, strategic, and operational objectives for the business are met. This role will make an impact on the trajectory of the GTM organization (Sales, Marketing, Partnership, CX) and provides for the opportunity to dive deep into analytics critical to the organization’s success and aid strategic decision making.
This position’s preferred location will be in our new and expanding office in Denver, Colorado but we will consider remote candidates in Pacific or Mountain time zones.
What to expect?
- Pivotal role leading the financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and decision support for the GTM organization
- Own the business partnering relationship with business partners across the company, establishing trust, building relationships, and gaining a deep understanding of relevant drivers
- Design and refine financial and operating models to help predict future performance, perform scenario analyses, and guide the business on strategic decisions
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting - analyze financial results, distill key trends, assess business risk, and communicate key messages to senior leaders
- Leverage data, analytics and business understanding to develop efficient reporting tools, understand core inputs, support decision making, shape our GTM strategy and recommend business growth opportunities and efficiencies
- Partner with senior leaders to help them manage hiring and program spend investments to optimize for efficient growth
- Flex between partnering with execs and working through data sets and detailed modeling, analysis and reporting
- Initiate, drive and implement process improvements that enable the team to scale
- Support executive management by providing timely ad hoc reporting on critical issues
What you need to be successful?
- 5+ years of FP&A experience, preferably in a high-growth SaaS environment supporting B2B GTM functions
- Experience building revenue, demand-gen, pipeline, and capacity models
- Experience working with data, programming languages, and automation tools preferred (SQL, Python, Looker, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.)
- Experience with financial systems (Salesforce, Zuora, Adaptive insights, NetSuite, etc.)
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel, Google Sheets, and GSuite
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to support collaboration across time zones, build relationships, and communicate the state of the business to key audiences in the organization
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners and influence and develop strong working relationships across all levels
- Ability to work independently, think objectively, and interpret meaningful and insightful narratives from both quantitative as well as qualitative data
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and ability to wrangle and distill data into actionable information to drive results
- Ability to apply rigorous logic and sound methods to solve multi-faceted problems with effective solutions
- Ability to calibrate level of effort appropriately to the task at hand: flex between high attention to detail vs a higher level approach when time is more critical than accuracy
- Business partnering orientation that supports development of a holistic view of business strategy, processes, and financial objectives
- Ownership mentality - own the output, not just the process
- An eye for detail, making sure nothing falls through the cracks
- Pride in your work’s integrity, quality, and accuracy
- Intellectual curiosity and humility with a drive towards scalability and continuous improvement through process enhancement, automation, and change
- Excellent at juggling multiple priorities, eager to collaborate to make an impact on the business, and motivated to tackle complex problems
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Results orientation with a "can do" attitude and comfortable asking questions
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $115,000 - $120,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 450 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.