About the opportunity
Contentful strives to build a secure and safe service and commits considerable effort and resources to cybersecurity and information protection. We are looking for a technical manager with a demonstrable background in application and infrastructure security to run our Product Security Engineering function.
Reporting directly to the CISO, and working closely with Engineering, you will be responsible for leading a security engineering team that designs, operates and maintains application and infrastructure security solutions for Contentful production environment(s).
What to expect?
- Provide line management and mentoring for a team of security engineers.
- Identify and manage technology risks across Contentful’s production environments, ensuring treatment plans are agreed upon by the security and engineering teams.
- Coordinate application and infrastructure security testing for Contentful’s production environments.
- Foster a pragmatic, cross-functional security engagement culture and through frequent engagement with Engineering stakeholders -- agree upon, and prioritise, security initiatives in line with cybersecurity and engineering strategy.
- Provide feedback to Product Management for input into the roadmap for products and features in Contentful’s security platform.
- Support Sales and Marketing functions with ‘security at Contentful’ customer enquiries.
What you need to be successful?
- 3+ years of experience as a security manager delivering services within an agile/DevOps environment.
- 5+ years of practical experience in securing cloud-native infrastructure and applications: threat modelling, application security requirements definition, CI/CD tooling and environment hardening.
- Familiarity with compliance frameworks and their practical application within cloud-native environments: ISO 27001, Sarbanes Oxley.
- You communicate well in English and you know how to cultivate empathy and openness towards people from all over the globe.
Experience with (preferred)
- Security automation, scripting and infrastructure as code
- Kubernetes security best practices
- Bug bounty programme management
- Vulnerability management programmes
- SOC 2, FedRAMP, NIST 800-53/800-171.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.