About the opportunity
Over 500 employees from 74 nations work across locations in San Francisco, Berlin and Denver. Berlin was where it all began - Europe's pulsating heart of innovation and creativity, stands like no other for diversity, disruption and innovation. We are about to open our brand new office of >8000sqm and as our Workplaces Operations Lead, you will have responsibility for keeping our hub running plus the chance to be there from the beginning! In this highly visible role, you’ll have the opportunity to wear multiple hats, ensuring a world-class workplace experience for all of our employees and visitors alike. You will be responsible for overseeing workplace operations and facilities and maintaining workplace vendor relationships. If you are organized, detail-oriented, and a motivated self-starter, we’d love to meet you!
What to expect?
- Manage the Workplace JIRA ticketing system, meeting all SLA times
- Manage relationships with external parties (contractors, suppliers, etc.), with building management, neighbouring businesses, and vendors, ensuring deliverables meet our quality standards.
- Maintain and ensure the office environment and procedures meet health and safety standards, and are observed by employees and visitors. Responsible for our role in Building Management & Contentful Emergency Action Plans.
- Develop and implement strategies, policies and procedures for property facilities and contract management
- Develop an efficient procurement and inventory process for office supplies, food, and beverages, while monitoring budgets and tracking spend. Constantly evaluate the cost structure of all office services.
- Develop and maintain all Operational and Maintenance Manuals ensuring all processes are observed by appropriately qualified vendor teams. Update and maintain accurate records and official documentation for the Berlin workplace team.
What you need to be successful?
- Extensive experience working in a multi-tenant, commercial facilities environment with >5,000 sq meters of office space under your remit.
- Fluency in both English and German language.
- Success negotiating and managing vendor contracts with an annual contract value of greater than €200,000.
- Demonstrated experience using enterprise Helpdesk / CRM management tools.
- Exceptionally strong ownership and “can-do” attitude with an operational mindset. Demonstrated ability to take existing processes and improve them, or develop operating procedures where none previously existed.
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills with the ability to coordinate multiple schedules, visitors, and competing priorities.
- Self-starter, able to work independently. Must enjoy working autonomously while reporting up accurately.
- Embody our core values
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.