About the opportunity
Contentful is maturing how we integrate our business platforms, data and information so that we can build great experiences that empower teams across the company with challenges across our Finance, Go To Market and People teams and connecting into our product.
The Integration Platform Architect - Mulesoft should have the skills to work with stakeholders to translate functional and non-functional requirements into integration interfaces and implementations. The Mulesoft Integration Architect will be responsible for developing solutions for fit and scalability, while ensuring that they conform to long-term strategic priorities.
What to expect?
- Be capable of delivering as a hands on architect and being effective as we grow the integrations team
- Evolve and shape the strategy, architecture, platform and standards our integrations
- Specify and publish standards around APIs with our Information Services organization
- Provide technology architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for the integration domain
- Lead & mentor integration team through complex, multi-phased delivery projects and provide hands-on delivery guidance
- Conducts benchmarking and sizing exercises
- Transform business requirements into scalable/manageable solution architecture and design specifications
- Partner with other functions across Information Services and the wider business to ensure collaboration, consistency and quality of solutions
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members.
- Build a team culture that is collaborative, inclusive, and respectful. Encourage, empower, and celebrate
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly
- Instil a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Work closely with the Contentful recruiting team to hire high potential team members from diverse backgrounds
What you need to be successful?
- 5+ years MuleSoft experience in transforming complex strategic business requirements into workable technology solutions
- Experience with enterprise integration patterns
- Experience with data modelling a plus
- Deep knowledge of with microservices architecture and API strategy development
- Must have performed in an architect role on multiple complex deployments involving MuleSoft
- Must have experience integrating with Saas solutions like Salesforce.com, Zuora and NetSuite
- Experience securing and managing APIs via MuleSoft API Manager
- Experience with the entire API development lifecycle from design & build to governance & management
- Experience with common web connectivity and integration standards/protocols such as XML, SOAP, REST, JSON and JDBC
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD concepts, with experience of Circle CI an advantage
- Experience with continuous improvement and the Agile software delivery process, particularly in collaboration with product, business
- You have experience recruiting and hiring engineering talent, combined with bringing new starters up to speed
- In-depth, proven integration background that allows you to establish credibility quickly
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written (German not required)
- MuleSoft Architectural certification is required
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.