About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for an experienced Web Marketing leader to drive our global web strategy and execution and deliver a world-class digital experience on Contentful.com. Our ideal candidate has a passion for interactive design and a firm grasp of new technologies, with the goal of creating an exceptional user experience designed to drive demand and build our brand, with a focus on improving website conversion rates for sign-ups and leads. The successful candidate will exhibit solid business judgment, top-notch project management skills, strategic thinking, and strong creative and analytical skills.
You’ll be responsible for the performance and continuous improvement of Contentful.com, leading the creation of various engaging interactive projects, and overseeing all of our digital properties—inclusive of the underlying infrastructure, systems and processes—as well as deploying marketing analytics to further optimize our online marketing investments. Your primary goal will be to implement programs that attract a qualified audience to our digital properties and convert them to viable sales prospects
What to expect?
- Create the strategy for the design, build, maintenance and optimization of our online presence to increase organic visits, referrals, and ultimately conversions; troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Manage a team consisting of web developers and UX designers, and liaise with an internal product team, to fulfill this strategy
- Identify new trends, insights, emerging technologies and creative growth strategies for increasing our site traffic & sales; provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Leverage site metrics tools to measure and report performance of all campaigns and properties, and optimize spend and priorities based on robust data analysis
- Identify and implement forward-facing opportunities and tactics that exponentially grow our search visibility
- Help advocate for SEO and SEM best practices and adoption by core cross-functional teams, including content and creative teams
- Develop, implement and monitor test-and-learn programs (A/B, multi-variate, etc.) and personalization across digital channels to enable the continual optimization of inbound digital marketing activities
- Lead projects / teams utilizing both Agile and traditional project management methodologies
What you need to be successful?
- 5-7 years’ experience as a web project manager, web producer or related role, ideally in a B2B or consumer-facing software industry
- Strong familiarity and experience creating and updating content within web content management systems
- Deep working knowledge of online marketing analytics and reporting tools
- Experience with site search, tag management, testing and personalization tools
- Understanding of CRM and marketing automation systems like Salesforce and Marketo, and how they tie in to demand generation websites
- Ability to prioritize and drive multiple simultaneous deliverables to execution with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment, working with cross-functional teams
- Intellectual curiosity coupled with a highly analytical approach in assessing what is working and where to drive improved performance
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You're an innovative, motivated, organized, high energy team player with attention to detail and sense of humor
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.