About the opportunity
Contentful’s Customer Support Engineers are at the forefront of our efforts to assist customers who are building amazing websites, apps, and other digital experiences using cutting-edge technologies.
Working directly with developers from our customers, our Customer Support Engineers help some of them with massive scaling and others with getting started on new integrations. Through ticket-based assistance, they identify and research Contentful-related issues that users experience, and then troubleshoot and help resolve those issues. By providing this assistance, and escalating issues when necessary to our Engineering team, our Customer Support Engineers give our customers confidence that their needs are represented and addressed. Many large customers rely on Contentful to power their public websites, mobile apps, and other mission-critical parts of their business; our Customer Support Engineers play a vital role in enabling their success in doing so.
What to expect?
- A spirited group from around the globe, we keep things light-hearted while also solving difficult customer situations and creating new internal processes
- Intellectual curiosity and interpersonal relationship skills are core to what we do; we seek to understand the “why” and not just the “what”
- We practice empathy and the art of anticipating customer needs
What you need to be successful?
- A track record of getting things done in an environment that combines collaboration and individual responsibility
- Experience working with APIs and API-based SaaS integrations
- A good understanding of how web applications and mobile apps are built and work
- Confidence with common UNIX-like command-line tools
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly explain concepts and produce example code that complements the explanation
- Ability to read server logs and process them to aggregate/analyze data
- An understanding of Agile processes or experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Customer-centered, high level of empathy, and cross-team collaboration mindset
- Results and outcome-oriented; team focused
- Minimum 3 years previous experience with/or direct contribution on improving Support specific processes and tools like; a ticketing system, in-app chat, shift handover, on-call coverage, service level agreements, escalation process, and incident response
- Experience with working with global teams, open to cultural and thought diversity
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 450 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.