About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Product Marketing Manager to fuel the adoption of Contentful by global brands and digital enterprises. In this role, you will develop go-to-market strategies, launch growth-marketing initiatives, create collateral, dig into customer and marketing data, and establish a thorough understanding of our customers and competition. You are expected to communicate with confidence and authority, operate autonomously, and work across departments and timezones.
This role in particular will focus on driving new product-led-growth (PLG) initiatives, as Contentful invests part of our new $175m round of funding into accelerating our self-service offerings (the Team and Community editions). You will help drive our revenue funnel, working closely with a cross-functional group including our Product Growth team, Demand Generation team, Sales Development team, and Customer Experience team
What to expect?
- Support the cross-functional Growth team by researching and documenting typical customer use cases, defining and understanding target buyer profiles, and evaluating funnel metrics
- Influence the strategy and drive funnel optimizations through product-led-growth initiatives
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to define product communication plans, develop marketing materials, and coordinate high-impact features releases
- Research key market and product data, conduct user interviews to understand key customer segments, their specific needs, and lifecycle stages
- Research the market landscape and collect competitive intelligence to benchmark product capabilities and develop effective product positioning strategy
- Deliver our value proposition and product demonstrations at internal and external conferences and customer briefings
- Generate customer case studies and other collateral to support marketing and sales initiatives, and guide communication efforts across multiple audiences and channels
What you need to be successful?
- 8+ years of relevant experience, either as a Product Marketer, or working alongside a PMM team in related roles: growth, customer marketing, content marketing, B2B direct marketing/demand gen, sales enablement, etc. You have an established Product Marketing playbook to bring along
- A successful track record of helping drive product-led-growth initiatives (such as at a self-service SaaS business), working with a cross-functional combination of Demand Gen teams, Product Growth teams, Sales Development teams, and/or Product Advocacy teams.
- Experience using, building, marketing, or selling MarTech tools or Developer Platforms that power digital customer experiences. You can help our customers understand how to use Contentful to increase their go-to-market velocity, increase conversion rates, drive revenue, or reduce customer churn.
- Experience working for a fast-growing, venture-funded B2B SaaS software company. This isn’t the first time you’ve built a plane while it’s flying.
- A (near) native level of English, as we sell a majority of our software in North America.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.