About the opportunity
The position of Manager of Account Management is a critical role within the sales organization as you will be instrumental in developing the sales talent at Contentful. The AM team is responsible for our enterprise customer base renewals and expansions. You will be managing a team of account managers and will own the renewal and expansion strategy for your team.
Since your role is quota carrying, you own the territory forecast, identify and mitigate risks, tackle opportunities and constantly up-level your team through outstanding leadership and coaching. You will be hands-on with your team, involved in customer calls and offer support and guidance through complex sales and procurement processes.
What to expect?
- Recruit, hire, train, and coach new team members
- Be a mentor and provide hands-on coaching and professional development for AMs and wider team
- Create processes, set best practices and build replicable patterns for go to markets initiatives
- Serve as a stakeholder and point of escalation internally and in customer engagements
- Conduct weekly forecasts and oversee sales development goals, metrics, and quota achievement
- Proactive collaboration with Account Executives and Customer Success to align on territory strategies.
What you need to be successful?
- 2+ years of B2B SaaS Account Management lead or management role - 5 + years in sales or account management
- Experience with leading the renewal sales cycle from proposal stage through contract execution
- Experience negotiating contracts with enterprise customers
- Experience with a "land-and-expand" sales model
- Proven ability to manage a forecast
- Proven ability to create high performing teams and lead them to success
- Consultative selling experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- College degree (BA/BS)
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.