About the opportunity
As the Manager of Professional Services East, you will build, develop and lead a high-performing team of Solution Architects and Solution Delivery Managers for the North America East region. You will work closely with regional and global leaders across Sales, Professional Services, Customer Success, and Support to align on Services strategy and team needs to support Contentful’s continued growth.
Contentful’s Professional Services team provides technical and strategic guidance to customers and partners through a combination of paid engagements and unpaid programs. The team is responsible for delivering Services engagements and ensuring Contentful customers are successfully deploying Contentful Solutions and are achieving business value quickly. Our Solution Architects and Solution Delivery Managers are principally outwards-facing. They have credibility with technologists and developers of all levels and are effective liaisons with all kinds of customer stakeholders (developers, content creators, marketing, business development).
The ideal candidate will be customer-focused, have a successful record of accomplishment, managing high-performance teams, and experience collaborating with sales to grow services revenue. You should possess a broad level of technical understanding, as well as operational and business acumen.
This candidate will ideally sit on the East Coast to be able to support EST for maximum coverage of the team, and will work EST hours.
What to expect?
- Hire, onboard, train, mentor, and develop a team of Solution Architects and Solution Delivery Managers
- With your team, develop technical strategy and execution around onboarding our customers and continuously driving value once they’ve launched
- Develop and evolve workshops and services to bring value to customers as quickly as possible
- Align and work closely with Sales to discover, scope, present, and sell Services offerings
- Own key Services metrics, including bookings, revenue recognition, billable utilization, capacity planning, and CSAT surveys
- Synthesize and communicate industry insights and customer feedback to our Customer Experience, Product, Engineering, and Go-to-Market teams
- Build a team culture that is collaborative, inclusive, and respectful
What you need to be successful?
- Experience building and managing teams of solution architects, solution engineers, technical consultants, or similar roles in software businesses
- 3+ years experience leading an engineering or consulting team for a developer-focused/technical SaaS company
- Very familiar with modern SaaS tools that form the Digital Experience Stack including tools for experimentation, translation, eCommerce integrations, value prop of CMSs, and latest digital platform experience trends
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a comparable field, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience as a full-stack developer leading the end-to-end deployment with modern tech stack (JS frameworks, static site generators, REST APIs, GraphQL, CMSs, CDNs, etc.) and mobile development (iOS, Android) that allows you to establish credibility with brilliant architects quickly
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 450 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.