About the opportunity
As the Senior Communications Manager you’re the voice and storyteller for Contentful — writing smart, engaging and helpful content about customers, recruiting and our vision of the world.
This position will work very closely with our Sr Director of Brand and Communications with you serving as the main stakeholder for many of our comms efforts — whether for social or PR, if it needs to be shared externally, you’ll be intimately involved in writing or shipping it. You will be able to have a clear opportunity to see your efforts shape the awareness and visibility of the company in the marketplace on earned media channels.
You’re customer focused. You love digging in to understand their problems, our solutions and the impact on their business. You cultivate resources and lines of communication to listen for these stories and weave them throughout our assets.
What to expect?
- PR Strategy: This position is going to have overall exposure to the company strategy and will be a main contributor in converting that vision into an executable and winning PR strategy. You will be able to make the momentum of Contentful come alive and be relevant with our main key audiences.
- PR wrangling: As one of the key internal contacts to our external PR team, you will manage the coordination of Contentful SMEs, speakers, and work with customer marketing if customers speak to the media for us.
- Copywriting: You will be one of the main drivers for contributed content, both in pitching op-eds and contributed articles as well as writing and proofing.
- Global Awareness: Born in Berlin and grown up throughout the world, Contentful truly is a worldwide technology company. This position will be critical in coordinating with and managing our regional PR agency teams in EMEA, NA, UK/I and beyond.
- Customer storytelling: This position will be responsible for leveraging existing customer case studies and driving these stories into earned media opportunities that help share the story of Contentful and our vision of the future of content in the digital world. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our customer marketing manager to have the resources and customer outreach to get customers to agree to tell their stories.
- Partner marketing: This position will be the owner of our partner marketing PR that will be supported through copywriting and editing. Collaborates with partner marketing to promote joint customer successes.
What you need to be successful?
- 8+ years of professional experience in marketing communications, ideally in B2B/SaaS
- Exceptional native-level English writing skills:
- Strong knowledge of grammar and style
- Excellent editing skills and ability to take and receive feedback
- Ability to write for target audience personas in our brand’s tone of voice
- Ability to craft narrative copy from a set of features, benefits and use cases: you can build a narrative arc in 100 words or 3000 words
- Knowledge of writing for various media types: web copy, blogs, white papers, case studies, social media
- You’re more than a team player. You’re the glue across multiple teams and beyond our department. You’re always looking to make connections and figure out how marcoms can accelerate communicating our message and enhance stickiness.
- You’ve got your ear to the ground: new customers we could feature, requests from sales that would accelerate the sales process, ideas for tweaking landing pages to drive more downloads, emerging thought leadership debates in our category.
- You excel at project management. You’re organized, able to see the big picture without forgetting the details, and able to influence others to drive your projects to completion. You can juggle multiple projects, and competing priorities, with diplomacy and a focus on business results.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company"
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $120,000 - $125,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.