About the opportunity
Contentful’s Solution Architect are principally outwards-facing. They have credibility with technologists, developers and project/product managers and are effective liaisons with the customer project team. As a Solution Architect at Contentful, you’ll have the opportunity to work with international teams, from visionary brands to innovative digital agencies. Your technical guidance and product expertise will help customers make the right decisions and achieve success with their project.
What to expect?
- Provide implementation consultation, training and advice to customers about Contentful’s features and architectural best-practices to minimize TTV (Time to Value).
- Design offerings, frameworks, playbooks and tools that will enhance the efficiency of customer onboarding
- Engage with customer product teams to understand their goals for using Contentful and how the platform will fit into their tech stack.
- Empower customer product and engineering teams to use our product independently and efficiently as possible.
- Design technical implementation plans and scopes of work in partnership with the customer to suit their requirements.
- Support new customers in achieving effective and efficient SDK and API integrations with Contentful
- Design and deliver technically focused workshops to meet client needs and exceed expectations.
- Create prototypes or code examples to facilitate customer onboarding and to support projects.
- Synthesize and communicate prospect and customer product feedback to our Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams
- Partner with the Sales, Customer Success Managers and Solution Architects, to ensure a successful customer experience with Contentful.
What you need to be successful?
- Ability to consult with and influence all levels of leadership across the organization
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into consumable frameworks and concepts to facilitate key decision making and set future direction
- Experience with at least two of these web technologies: JS frameworks such as React, static site generators such as Gatsby, REST APIs, CMSs, CDNs or experience with mobile development
- 5+ years building production systems (Web, Mobile, IoT, or Backend)
- Experience in a similar technical consulting, Solution Engineer or Implementation Manager role at a SaaS company.
- Functional knowledge balanced with a strong technical skillset and aptitude
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and establish credibility that results in trust and respect from business and technical teams
- Ability to simplify complex problems and find solutions collaboratively
- Willingness to continuously improve your professional skills with a focus on personal mastery and team learning
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills and confidence conveying knowledge to a technical audience.
- Additional language skills are valuable, but not required (e.g. German, French,
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.