About the Opportunity
Our Senior Social Media Manager will be responsible for telling engaging stories to our social media audiences across various platforms in order to create and serve our community, improve lead generation and to increase website traffic (and tell the Contentful story).
You will define platform strategies, creative, execution and reporting mechanisms working closely with our Marketing Communications team. You’re comfortable at multiple altitudes – building strategies or driving critical details of content execution. Above all, you’re an integrator, working across merchandising, performance and creative teams.
What to expect?
- You will be the main driver of our social content and messaging strategy, working with our design and brand team as well as the rest of the marketing team.
- You will be responsible for the creation of a strategic, proactive content calendar that assists the company to reach key business outcomes.
- You will be working closely with leadership throughout the company as you research and decide the key elements to highlight
- You will be the main voice through our social media channels and work closely with our developer relations team to make sure that we support our customers and partners appropriately
- You will be able to know the key measures of success for social in a SaaS environment and create a plan on how to achieve those measurements
- You will be able to successfully project manage the content creation from our design team to create assets that perform best in each platform
- You will be defining platform specific strategies that perform best in their respective environment
- You will work in tandem with our demand generation team to coordinate between both an effective organic strategy as well as paid social campaigns
- You will be a valuable voice in developing our content strategy along with our content, PR, internal comms, people management and product marketing leaders
What you need to be successful
- 5+ years of digital strategy experience; proven social media expertise in organic and paid social media campaigns
- Proven experience in social/creative effectiveness metrics
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Strong editorial and copywriting skills
- Strong ability to adopt voice and tone guidelines in a wide variety of situations and platforms
- Excellent project management skills
- High creative bar and attention to detail
- Ability to lead reporting and analysis for social channels
- An intuitive and creative problem solver with impeccable organizational skills
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company"
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $85,000 - $95,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.
Location: Denver or Remote
Hiring Manager: Brian Spittler