About the opportunity
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our growing Finance team. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this role will be critical in the monthly close process, the preparation of US GAAP financial statements and analytical reviews. This role will manage staff and daily accounting tasks as well as liaise with other departments in the organization to provide accounting support.
What to expect?
- Play an essential role in the month-end and quarter-end close processes, including account reconciliation reviews and preparation of the consolidated financial statements
- Manage accounting staff, providing training, ongoing prioritization of tasks and goals for individuals and team
- Assist with external audit requests, including preparation & review of supporting schedules
- Review accounting entries and work alongside Technical Accounting to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Provide input in SOX compliance discussions as they relate to the entire end-to-end accounting process
- Manage and push forward process improvements across the Accounting team, working closely with Revenue Operations, FP&A, and others
- Aid in the optimization of existing platforms, including NetSuite and other new and existing platforms
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain relevant transaction information, research reconciling items, and resolve issues
- Work with various internal and external customers including tax authorities, banks, investors, employees and others to deliver on time and accurate information
- Ad hoc projects as needed to support rapid growth of the company
What you need to be successful?
- 7+ years of relevant accounting and demonstrable management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management required
- Strong accounting knowledge, with proven US GAAP and internal controls experience, preferably within the context of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Professional attitude and communication skills
- Keen focus on leadership, mentoring and skill development for all levels of accounting team
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A curious and inquisitive mindset with a willingness to learn
- Experience with Netsuite or other cloud ERP systems is preferred
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $112,000-$117,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.