About the opportunity
As an Account Manager at Contentful, you will be instrumental in driving customer retention by managing the renewal process with Contentful’s Enterprise customer base. You will be proactively aligning with Accounts Executives and Customer Success on account plans and engaging with customers about their upcoming contract renewal. By streamlining the renewal process, you help to ensure positive customer experiences and increased net revenue retention (NRR).
What to expect?
- Align with the Account Executive and create an action plan for a successful renewal.
- Prepare and present data and trends to customers on current usage of the Contentful platform.
- Gain insight into customer goals and strategically package the solutions and pricing that meets those goals.
- Drive customer conversations to uncover things like procurement timelines, budgets and signatory process for contracts.
- Uncover expansion and upsell opportunities through the renewal process.
- Develop innovative proposals and negotiate contracts.
- Manage contract generation through signature.
What you need to be successful?
- College / University Degree educated
- 2+ years of work experience preferred; previous SDR/BDR experience, Renewals Management or Account Management is highly advantageous
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly adaptable
- Well developed attention to detail and organization skills
- Can track and prioritize work based on deadlines
- Ability to build rapport with customers, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Ability to present data to customers and drive conversations to uncover things like procurement timelines, budgets and signatory process.
- Ability to think strategically about a customer’s goals and present solutions to those goals for the next contract term
- Willingness to travel (up to 10%)
- Ability to follow the set processes, update the relevant systems diligently, and make suggestions on improvements where required
- Ability to work with standard software such as Salesforce, etc.
- Technical understanding and keen interest for technology
- Customer-first mindset, where you and company wins by helping our customers to be successful.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.