About the opportunity
As Principal Talent Partner (f/m/d) for our Product Development team, you will join the team that has traditionally been called the L&D or People Development function, along with what many companies call their Business Partner function. We’ve brought these two teams together under a single leader because we think about our talent management and talent development holistically. We believe that focus areas such as OE, OD, L&D and classic business partnership best accelerate the performance of the organization as a whole when they are aligned under one vision.
In this role, you will serve as a steward of our performance culture that rewards excellence through ongoing investment and unlocked opportunities. Reporting to our VP, Talent Management, you will develop and deploy innovative processes to enhance the people leadership capabilities of everyone in Product Development. Partnering with executives and leaders across this EMEA based group, you will introduce new ways to elevate employee engagement, career development, and recognition that help us to develop and retain top talent. You’ll work with a global team of development and partnership-focused colleagues to drive strong performance management programming, employee engagement and learning for our next chapters, from the moment of an employee’s arrival at Contentful throughout their full employment journey.
What to expect?
- Working with our VP, Talent Management, create and drive high impact, actionable talent development programs that focus on areas such as employee engagement, coaching and learning & development.
- Partner with Product Development people leaders to continually assess talent across teams and functions, adjusting our development plans and organizational processes to reflect those insights.
- Use data and metrics to conduct ROI analysis to demonstrate and measure the effectiveness and impact of our talent management programs.
- Serve as a key point of contact for the employees and managers within Product Development. Assist other EMEA based colleagues on regional needs as they arise.
- Partner with people managers on local labor law related topics. Handle employee relations issues as needed.
- Work closely with the rest of the People department to contribute and shape team projects.
What you need to be successful?
- You’ve held progressively senior People function positions in the areas of People Business Partner or Talent Partner in high growth, multi-site, international and ideally, technology environments.
- You’re an effective leader and partner, with experience running high impact programs for companies with 100% YoY headcount growth.
- You have demonstrated experience in developing and leading strategic People focused programs, including those in the areas of learning, engagement, retention, and performance management.
- You are experienced and comfortable advising and coaching senior executives and executing strategy.
- You are fluent in English, our main company language, and have strong knowledge of EMEA labor laws and competitive work practices.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Comprehensive health care package (health, vision, dental insurance, life and disability insurance) and a retirement savings plan
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Our Berlin based employees: Get fit! We offer an Urban Sports Club discount and virtual morning fitness class to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.