About the opportunity
As a Product Designer on the Admins & Business Stakeholders team, you will work closely with a cross-functional team to create frictionless self-service experiences for customers wanting to purchase Contentful, start new projects, and manage their licensing/subscriptions. You will be collaborating closely with internal stakeholders in order to understand the needs of both our internal teams as well as external customers. You will work to define opportunities in: productizing our current professional services; finding new services to productize; and tooling opportunities to improve internal workflow and effectiveness.
If you have a passion for generating business impact, complex problem solving, systems design and optimizing workflows, this role may be a good fit. You should be comfortable facilitating user research studies and team workshops, and have experience working with design systems. You’ll join a design guild of passionate design generalists who excel in their respective areas and enjoy continuous learning, and the opportunity to impact the product and the organization in a meaningful way.
What to expect?
You’ll be a key player in exploring existing and new product opportunities with your product team, pitch them to relevant stakeholders for buy-in, facilitate solutioning for these opportunities, as well as working with engineers to bring them to life.
- Partner with a product manager in identifying and defining opportunities in: helping developers integrate Contentful easily into their digital products
- Partner with UX researchers to develop deep empathy for our customers, and understand what kind of opportunities would create the biggest value for our customers
- Partner with UX researchers and data analysts to learn about the reach in the market and the most important features we need to understand in depth in discovery
- Facilitate discovery workshops
- Understand how the these opportunities fit into our complex ecosystem, and make smart suggestions/trade-offs
Design + Delivery
- Take the user’s perspective and explore solutions from multiple directions
- Prototype creation (from low to high fidelity)
- Work with the research team to plan and conduct user testing
- Develop concepts, visual design and UX copy
- Communicate/pitch design decisions to relevant stakeholders
- Improve UX/ design quality by pairing with engineers, UX writers and other Designers
- Run experiments and user testing during early release phases
- Collaborate with other Designers across the org to gather input on ongoing work
What you need to be successful?
- Self starter, looking for pragmatic solutions
- Comfortable navigating ambiguities
- Strong conceptual skills for designing complex scenarios
- Analytical approach to design
- Strong listening skills, empathize with stakeholders and end users alike
- Strong communicator (verbal and written) and user advocate
- Comfortable communicating with company leadership
- Experience with designing systems
- Experience with user research (quantitative and qualitative) and user testing
- Experience with meeting and workshop facilitation
- Experience with internal tooling design is a bonus
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation days, trust-based work hours and the option to work from the home office/remotely
- Use your personal education budget plus education days to improve your skills and grow in your career
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of your new role with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Relocation assistance for candidates moving to Germany and Immigration support when requiring a visa to be employed directly with Contentful.
- Our Germany based employees: Join us for free German classes or reach your fitness goals with our Urban Sports Club discount
- Office Perks: We have a brand new high-tech, dog-friendly office in central Berlin, where you can show off your barista skills at our artisan coffee machine
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.