About the opportunity
Contentful strives to build a secure and safe service and commits considerable effort and resources on security. Application Security and software development are fundamental pieces of Contentful’s security program - our Information Security Management System - ISMS.
As an Application Security Engineer at Contentful, you are part of the Engineering team responsible for our core applications and internal tools. You work closely with the Engineering teams to improve security in the code, and Product teams to design and guide the implementation of security features in the platform.
What to expect?
- Perform penetration tests for new functionality,
- Build security testing in the development pipeline,
- Perform training to developers on newly found vulnerabilities.
What you need to be successful?
- You are passionate about breaking web applications and APIs,
- You are able to explain in detail all vulnerability types in the OWASP Top Ten,
- You enjoy working with and teaching others. You see security as an enabler instead of a blocker. We don’t just break stuff, we lead our Engineers to understand and fix,
- You communicate well in English and you know how to cultivate empathy and openness towards people from all over the globe.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation days, trust-based work hours and the option to work from the home office/remotely
- Use your personal education budget plus education days to improve your skills and grow in your career
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of your new role with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Relocation assistance for candidates moving to Germany and Immigration support when requiring a visa to be employed directly with Contentful.
- Our Germany based employees: Join us for free German classes or reach your fitness goals with our Urban Sports Club discount
- Office Perks: We have a brand new high-tech, dog-friendly office in central Berlin, where you can show off your barista skills at our artisan coffee machine
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.