About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a Revenue Manager to own accounting revenue related matters as part of our global finance team. This position reports into the Global Corporate Controller and is critical to our ongoing success. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of ASC 606 in a SAAS environment, be able to deal with the ambiguity and complexity of operating in a hypergrowth environment and is willing to drive changes and look at continuous improvement in our existing processes.
What to expect
- Manage the month-end and quarter-end revenue close for worldwide revenue
- Partner with Deal Desk to provide input on deal structuring with reference to ASC 606 and other relevant accounting standards
- Together with Technical Accounting, draft and maintain revenue accounting policies and advise on the implementation of new accounting standards
- Apply in-depth knowledge of accounting theories and principles, specifically relating to the software industry
- Create, develop and maintain key revenue reporting including relevant reconciliations, flux analysis, disaggregation of revenue reports and working with FP&A on revenue forecasting
- Maintain relevant SOX controls and documentation over the revenue function
- Work with collections and accounting on analysis and preparation of doubtful debt analysis and relevant postings
- Assist with analysis of existing revenue systems and advise and help lead any relevant updates or new system selections
- Overview of ASC606 on commissions and other variable compensation
What you need to be successful
- 6+ years in relevant accounting and revenue roles, ideally with a mix of Big 4 and operational experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA preferred but not required
- Experience in B2B SAAS
- Exposure to ERP and Revenue Platforms (Netsuite and Zuora preferred)
- Demonstrable ability to operate in a high growth, fast paced environment
- Superior knowledge of US GAAP and ASC 606, with a specific focus on accounting for software revenue streams
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.