About the opportunity
As the Senior Internal Communications Manager, you will work with leaders at the highest levels of the company as a trusted communications advisor for executive leadership. You will lead communications and change management efforts to support internal programs and ensure communications inform, educate, motivate and engage employees. You will be a key component of our internal brand and you will be able to see your work help positively shape what it means to work at Contentful!
What to expect?
- Building relationships with the executives mentioned above and acting as a strategic thought partner on how our company and our teams communicate information that is critical for how Contentful works.
- Working with Policy & PR colleagues to align internal and external messaging, and to ensure consistency across comms strategies.
- Produce superb written internal communications and succinct talking points for executive leaders, and deliver constructive feedback.
- Supporting and executing regular all-hands town hall meetings and other major internal events, including producing the executives’ content and speaker notes and pre- and post-event communications.
- Partnering with other teams on how we can advance people and culture initiatives.
- Working with the brand team to reinforce the strong positive culture that we enjoy here at Contentful
- Manage and translate complex business issues into compelling and clear messages
- Persuade, influence and respond to senior leaders and stakeholders; you are a confident and fact-based advisor to senior management who can balance multiple strategic directions and priorities
- High-quality copywriting, speech writing, presentation planning and delivery skills
- Drive communication activities to support transformation, change management and culture initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills: nonverbal and verbal, informing, presenting, engaging, convincing, aligning, advising senior executives
- Be culturally and politically sensitive; proven ability to take an inclusive approach by working internationally with central, regional and country organization
- Strong empathetic skills: listening, adopting right tone of voice
- A trustworthy and dependable team player, with the ability to operate under your own direction and demonstrate high productive capacity
What you need to be successful?
- 6-8 years experience managing complex global internal communication programs in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience in working with publicly capable and public companies within the technology industry (SaaS preferred, but not required)
- Experience in corporate communications and internal campaigns and programs
- Experience producing content for internal audiences at varying levels across an organization
- Experience moderating all-hands events and logistics
- Experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously and working autonomously
- A passion for internal communications and experience helping executives communicate effectively with their teams.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.