About the opportunity
Contentful’s Solution Architect are principally outwards-facing. They have credibility with technologists, developers and project/product managers and are effective liaisons with the customer project team. As a Solution Architect at Contentful, you’ll have the opportunity to work with international teams, from visionary brands to innovative digital agencies. Your technical guidance and product expertise will help customers make the right decisions and achieve success with their project. A reasonable expectation for travel to on-site visits would be up to 25%.
What to expect?
- Provide implementation consultation, training and advice to customers about Contentful’s features and architectural design best-practices, thereby aiding their projects’ long-term success
- Oversee the planning, tracking and completion of all implementation tasks throughout the customer’s technical onboarding
- Identify and understand project risks, coordinate with respective teams as applicable to mitigate and resolve
- Create and deliver technical training on product platform features to customers
- Work alongside external project management and internal CS/SA teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Create prototypes or code examples to facilitate customer onboarding and to support projects.
- Synthesize and communicate prospect and customer product feedback to our Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams
- Partner with the Sales, Customer Success Managers and Solution Architects, to ensure a successful customer experience with Contentful.
Within Contentful, you will work very closely with the Customer Success Managers and Solution Architects on accounts implementing Contentful. You will be following the architectural approach and project plan laid out by the account team in order to make sure the implementation is successful and delivered in a timely manner. You will also be expected to report and manage risk as well as adapt and work with the customer in real-time to overcome any obstacles.
The insights gained during your work with customers will enable you to provide valuable input to our Product Management and Engineering departments. Your first hand accounts of how customers interact with our product, tempered by your experience, will provide crucial real world context for our teams building efforts.
Your experience working with customers will allow you to further develop how Contentful works with customers, and provide better prescriptive advice going forwards. There are also opportunities to contribute to Contentful’s thought leadership by writing blogs and whitepapers, leading training workshops, or speaking at conferences
What you need to be successful?
- At least 5 years-experience in a similar technical consulting, Solution Engineer or Implementation Engineer role at a SaaS company.
- Experience delivering digital projects that extensively use APIs (REST, GraphQL) and/or content management systems
- Practical experience working on projects that utilize microservices-based architectures and transitions away from monolithic architectures
- Experience with at least two of these web technologies: JS frameworks such as React, static site generators such as Gatsby, REST APIs, CMSs, CDNs, etc. or experience with mobile development
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field)
- Experience working with agile SDLC project management methodologies
- This is a customer-facing role and there is an expectation that you will build and maintain relationships with key technical contacts within the customer
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges and recommend actionable solutions to support successful implementations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build diverse relationships and influence technical and non-technical audiences
- A problem solver with a cool head, able to deal with ambiguity, and work autonomously and with a team to drive customer results.
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills and confidence conveying knowledge to a technical audience.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.