About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for an experienced Web Marketing leader to drive our global web strategy and execution and deliver a world-class digital experience on Contentful.com. Our ideal candidate has a passion for interactive design and a firm grasp of new technologies, with the goal of creating an exceptional user experience designed to drive demand and build our brand, with a focus on improving website conversion rates for sign-ups and leads. The successful candidate will exhibit solid business judgment, top-notch project management skills, strategic thinking, and strong creative and analytical skills.
You’ll be responsible for the performance and continuous improvement of Contentful.com, leading the creation of various engaging interactive projects, and overseeing all of our digital properties—inclusive of the underlying infrastructure, systems and processes—as well as deploying marketing analytics to further optimize our online marketing investments. Your primary goal will be to implement programs that attract a qualified audience to our digital properties and convert them to viable sales prospects
What to expect?
- Create the strategy for the design, build, maintenance and optimization of our online presence to increase organic visits, referrals, and ultimately conversions; troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Manage a team consisting of web developers and UX designers, and liaise with an internal product team, to fulfill this strategy
- Identify new trends, insights, emerging technologies and creative growth strategies for increasing our site traffic & sales; provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Leverage site metrics tools to measure and report performance of all campaigns and properties, and optimize spend and priorities based on robust data analysis
- Identify and implement forward-facing opportunities and tactics that exponentially grow our search visibility
- Help advocate for SEO and SEM best practices and adoption by core cross-functional teams, including content and creative teams
- Develop, implement and monitor test-and-learn programs (A/B, multi-variate, etc.) and personalization across digital channels to enable the continual optimization of inbound digital marketing activities
- Lead projects / teams utilizing both Agile and traditional project management methodologies
What you need to be successful?
- 5-7 years’ experience as a web project manager, web producer or related role, ideally in a B2B or consumer-facing software industry
- Strong familiarity and experience creating and updating content within web content management systems
- Deep working knowledge of online marketing analytics and reporting tools
- Experience with site search, tag management, testing and personalization tools
- Understanding of CRM and marketing automation systems like Salesforce and Marketo, and how they tie in to demand generation websites
- Ability to prioritize and drive multiple simultaneous deliverables to execution with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment, working with cross-functional teams
- Intellectual curiosity coupled with a highly analytical approach in assessing what is working and where to drive improved performance
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You're an innovative, motivated, organized, high energy team player with attention to detail and sense of humor
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- Comprehensive health care package (health, vision, dental insurance, life and disability insurance) and a retirement savings plan
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Our Berlin based employees: Get fit! We offer an Urban Sports Club discount and virtual morning fitness class to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.