About the opportunity
Contentful’s Solution Architect are principally outwards-facing. They have credibility with technologists, developers and project/product managers and are effective liaisons with the customer project team. As a Solution Architect at Contentful, you’ll have the opportunity to work with international teams, from visionary brands to innovative digital agencies. Your technical guidance and product expertise will help customers make the right decisions and achieve success with their project.
What to expect?
- Provide implementation consultation, training and advice to customers about Contentful’s features and architectural best-practices to minimize TTV (Time to Value).
- Design offerings, frameworks, playbooks and tools that will enhance the efficiency of customer onboarding
- Engage with customer product teams to understand their goals for using Contentful and how the platform will fit into their tech stack.
- Empower customer product and engineering teams to use our product independently and efficiently as possible.
- Design technical implementation plans and scopes of work in partnership with the customer to suit their requirements.
- Support new customers in achieving effective and efficient SDK and API integrations with Contentful
- Design and deliver technically focused workshops to meet client needs and exceed expectations.
- Create prototypes or code examples to facilitate customer onboarding and to support projects.
- Synthesize and communicate prospect and customer product feedback to our Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams
- Partner with the Sales, Customer Success Managers and Solution Architects, to ensure a successful customer experience with Contentful.
What you need to be successful?
- Ability to consult with and influence all levels of leadership across the organization
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into consumable frameworks and concepts to facilitate key decision making and set future direction
- Experience with at least two of these web technologies: JS frameworks such as React, static site generators such as Gatsby, REST APIs, CMSs, CDNs or experience with mobile development
- 5+ years building production systems (Web, Mobile, IoT, or Backend)
- Experience in a similar technical consulting, Solution Engineer or Implementation Manager role at a SaaS company.
- Functional knowledge balanced with a strong technical skillset and aptitude
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and establish credibility that results in trust and respect from business and technical teams
- Ability to simplify complex problems and find solutions collaboratively
- Willingness to continuously improve your professional skills with a focus on personal mastery and team learning
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills and confidence conveying knowledge to a technical audience.
- Additional language skills are valuable, but not required (e.g. German, French,
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of paid time off, sick days and paid holidays
- A retirement savings plan
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Our Berlin based employees: Get fit! We offer an Urban Sports Club discount and virtual morning fitness class to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.