About the opportunity
The Pricing & Packaging (P&P) team is central to Contentful’s continued strong growth. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to utilize pricing as a lever to guide company strategy and improve the way we productize to unlock further top line growth potential.
As a P&P Expert you will collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders (Senior Leadership, (Group) Product Managers, Product Marketing, Data & Analytics, Research, Sales Ops and Finance) to advance our capabilities to monetize and improve ways we productize our product and services. This is a highly visible role with great growth potential.
What to expect?
- You will become the trusted counterpart for (G)PMs to discuss P&P hypotheses and inform them up with synthesized findings from qualitative as well as quantitative data insights.
- You will be the owner of our proprietary P&P data cube as the central point of truth to run your independent analyses to form P&P hypotheses.
- You will support the development and implementation of our monetization and pricing strategy.
- You will uncover key feature usage and behavior patterns driving product adoption and revenue growth through exploratory analyses, informing P&P hypotheses and future revenue model ideas.
- You will own and drive financial modelling for new pricing & packaging models and hypotheses to inform decision making.
- You will provide actionable, ad-hoc data insights to cross-functional initiatives supporting adjacent GTM functions to improve commercial excellence (e.g. structured discounting frameworks, value segmentation).
- You are willing to connect the dots between qualitative and quantitative research and back up hypotheses through data analysis.
- You will analyze price elasticities and assess and track the effectiveness of pricing & packaging changes.
- You persuasively communicate your insights and recommendations to all levels of management in a clear, concise and effective manner and evangelize the value of data.
What you need to be successful?
- You must have at least 3-5 years of relevant experience with strong data analytics capabilities. Industry experience in Software/SaaS, a digital services organization or consulting is desirable.
- You possess strong business acumen paired with strategic thinking, high attention to detail, strong analytical, numeric skills.
- You are familiar with using programmatic data tools such as R or Python for descriptive analytics, are fluent in SQL and are familiar with using modern BI tools to visualize your findings (we’re currently using Redash and Looker). Experience with ETL/ELT (e.g. dbt) is an advantage.
- You have experience with commercial and top-line related topics, ideally direct hands-on experience with pricing, packaging or software licensing.
- You have an agile mindset, are adaptable and comfortable to work in cross-functional teams.
- You are an intellectually curious self-starter who thrives and loves to tackle complex challenges in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- You bring a “roll-up-your-sleeve” mentality and can identify with Contentful’s high-achievement, yet fun, casual and respectful environment.
- You speak fluent English and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation days, trust-based work hours and the option to work from the home office/remotely
- Use your personal education budget plus education days to improve your skills and grow in your career
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of your new role with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Relocation assistance for candidates moving to Germany and Immigration support when requiring a visa to be employed directly with Contentful.
- Our Germany based employees: Join us for free German classes or reach your fitness goals with our Urban Sports Club discount
- Office Perks: We have a brand new high-tech, dog-friendly office in central Berlin, where you can show off your barista skills at our artisan coffee machine
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.