About the opportunity
As a Workplace Experience Specialist, you will support our team in San Francisco with a wide variety of administrative and operational tasks, while helping to cultivate a positive and productive workplace. In this highly visible role, you’ll have the opportunity to wear multiple hats, ensuring a world-class workplace experience for all of our employees and visitors alike. You will be responsible for overseeing workplace operations and facilities, greeting visitors, organizing employee events, and maintaining workplace vendor relationships. If you are organized, creative, detail-oriented, and a motivated self-starter, we’d love to meet you! This role will require you to be onsite in our San Francisco office during business hours 5 days a week.
What to expect?
- Create and maintain an operationally sound and rewarding workspace filled with positivity for our team.
- Support the implementation of our post-COVID return-to-work plan: facilitate office refresh project, manage hoteling desk system, ensure employees’ daily self-certification, and implement necessary changes as RTO phases shift toward our “new normal.”
- Manage relationships with external parties (contractors, suppliers, etc.) and with building management, maintenance, and cleaning staff, including quality control.
- Continuously seek to improve our space, ensuring it is always tidy, organized, and inviting to our teams, visitors, and clients.
- Develop an efficient procurement and inventory process for office supplies, food, and beverages, while monitoring budgets and tracking spend.
- Maintain a process of ensuring the office environment and procedures meet COVID health and safety regulation standards, and ensuring they are observed by employees and visitors. Responsible for our role in Building Management & Contentful Emergency Action Plans.
- Manage the Workplace ticketing system, meeting SLA times
- Listen to the employees’ concerns and suggestions, implementing changes if necessary, to make them feel welcome and happy in the Contentful offices.
- Partner with the HR team on cultural initiatives, and support them with onboarding and offboarding.
- Organize internal and external lunches, meetings, and team-building events, ensuring proper preparation of all logistical pieces.
- Act as the sole Workplace representative for our SF hub, managing reception, and operational tasks, and serving as the onsite point of contact during business hours.
- Occasional after-hours support, as needed.
What you need to be successful?
- 4 years experience working in administrative, workplaces, hospitality or similar fields.
- Excellent organization, planning, and prioritization skills with the ability to coordinate multiple schedules, visitors, and competing priorities with enthusiasm and positivity.
- Exceptionally strong ownership and “can-do” attitude with an operational mindset. Demonstrated ability to take existing processes and improve them, or identify the need for standard operating procedures where none previously existed.
- Self-starter, able to work independently. Must enjoy working autonomously while reporting up accurately.
- Agile mindset with the ability to embrace change and switch gears at a moment’s notice; superb multi-tasker.
- High attention to detail and ability to work efficiently and accurately when under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, effectively building relationships at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Contagiously positive attitude that benefits our workplace culture.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.