About the opportunity
The Product Analytics team at Contentful gives data-informed insights and recommendations to all product development teams, by measuring and analysing the success and the value we deliver to our customers with the Contentful Product.
As a Senior Product Data Analyst (f/m) you will partner with our product teams and provide them data insights that will influence the product development process from end to end. You will run deep-dive analysis, design experiments, define success metrics as well as the tracking needed to measure them.
As a senior team member you will not only be passionate about your product domain but also mentoring more junior peers, actively contributing improving our processes, knowledge sharing and collaboration frameworks at team and analytics chapter levels.
What to expect?
- You will join our diverse team of data analysts in the Research Group.
- You will work with product teams to understand the objectives of features and how they relate to Contentful’s goals. You will help identify the tracking, goals and analysis that are needed to support this.
- You will work closely with Product Researchers - UX generative and evaluative so as Opportunity for advanced quantitative surveys - understanding how our customers use Contentful and measuring the value our customers get from it.
- You perform self-driven quantitative analysis, distil recommendations and proactively provide the key data insights that will directly impact the development and prioritisation of our product roadmap.
- You will clearly tell the story of your insights for technical and business stakeholders.
- You contribute to supporting and improving our data models, tooling and infrastructure.
- You will mentor and lead more junior Data Analyst peers across the organization.
- You actively participate in improving our agile feedback loops and help nurture a healthy team environment.
- You evangelize the value of data and insights at Contentful.
What you need to be successful?
- You must have at least 5+ years of experience working as a dedicated data analyst. Experience with SaaS companies and key SaaS metrics is an advantage.
- You have strong quantitative skills and experience with various analytical methods, including analytical funnels, cohort analysis and experimentation.
- You have demonstrated experience with successful collaboration with Product Managers and business leaders.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as part of a team.
- You must be fluent in SQL (we’re currently using Redshift and Presto dialects) as well as using Python for descriptive and advanced analytics.
- You have used modern BI tools (we’re currently using Redash and Looker).
- You have experience with source control using git.
- If you have experience in ETL/ELT with tools such as DBT and/or Airflow, it is an advantage.
- You speak fluent English and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation days, trust-based work hours and the option to work from the home office/remotely
- Use your personal education budget plus education days to improve your skills and grow in your career
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of your new role with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Relocation assistance for candidates moving to Germany and Immigration support when requiring a visa to be employed directly with Contentful.
- Our Germany based employees: Join us for free German classes or reach your fitness goals with our Urban Sports Club discount
- Office Perks: We have a brand new high-tech, dog-friendly office in central Berlin, where you can show off your barista skills at our artisan coffee machine
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.