About the opportunity
As Accounts Receivable Analyst you will serve our customers by ensuring timely and accurate application of their account payments. Your role will support various internal customers to include Credit/Collections, Accounting/Finance, and Sales. This role will allow you to develop and grow your talent and skill-set and you will be supported throughout your career journey at Contentful.
What to expect?
- Daily application of customer payments delivering accuracy and timeliness within multiple systems.
- Daily reconciliation between multiple accounting/billing systems.
- Customer account reconciliations as needed when discrepancies occur in customer account records.
- Responsible for daily updating of Collections Tracker & Payment Tracker.
- Process refunds for AR-related customer overpayments.
- Process AR write-offs, credit memos, and accounting adjustments.
- Perform recon of Accounts Receivable, Clearing Accounts & Cash accounts (monthly/quarter-end).
- Customer onboarding - process vendor onboarding forms.
- Daily invoicing of portal customers.
- Maintenance of portal profiles.
- Provide Mid-Month, Month-End, Quarter-End, and Year-End reporting through slide decks & close packs documenting the performance of the team respective to previous periods.
- Drive process efficiencies & internal alignment through writing/updating process documentation.
What you need to be successful?
- 2+ years of Accounts Receivable experience or similar Accounting experience embodying the above responsibilities.
- Experience in SaaS environment is preferred
- Ability to manage high volumes throughout the month and adapt to varying volumes while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload and competing priorities.
- Experience with various accounting software and other systems - Netsuite, SAP, Oracle, Workday, Salesforce, Zuora, and similar systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills for effective communication in all settings.
- Embody our values: Be Humble, Start with the Customer and work backwards, Embody a Growth Mindset, and Strive Together.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $68,000-$71,500
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.